[1.4] Getting to know the Ex-Padawan

TW: flashbacks of abuse

    My hair settles around me as we lulled to a stop in front of Dex's restaurant. I sniffed the air and sighed in pleasure at the familiar scent of Bantha burger's. I threw myself out of the speeder and began walking to the door.

    "Woah V!" I turned to watch Liam hop out of the speeder. "Slow down. The diner is still going to be there in a few minutes."

    I just rolled my eyes and crossed my arms as I waited for the two lolly gagger's. I just want myself a good meal before I head out but these two lazy-bodies won't put any pep in their step. Once they got close enough to me I turned and led the rest of the way to the door. It was the only thing stopping me from my burger and fries.

    We walked in and claimed our spot in a booth. My eyes glazed over the people in the shop. There were people all shapes and sizes and colors. This is what I loved about Dex's diner. The diversity, and the kickass food.

As if the universe had read my mind the chef himself shouted form behind the counter, "Little V! Is that you?"

I whipped my head to where I'd heard it called to find the extroverted besalisk. I beamed across the diner at him, slapping my hands onto my table in satisfaction, "Hello Dex!"

My exclamation was all the confirmation the pot-bellied alien needed to come shuffling around the bar and out into the front of the restaurant. I stood up to greet the man with multiple arms- all of them perfect for working the grill. "It's been too long my friend."

"Yes it has!" The man wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug that I reciprocated with a single arm slung around his neck. When he was satisfied he set me down, "Jedi training have you busy?"

"You betcha." I sat back down in my seat as Dex leaned against the bench, looking down at me as I continued. "I've actually just been granted the rank of Padawan!"

Dex grinned down at me, it wasn't the prettiest sight but you could tell it was genuine. "Ah, we're moving up in the world I see."

I giggled at the man's infatuation with such a simple title change. Just from the way he didn't question any further I knew that he hadn't had so much as a clue to what the rank of Padawan meant. Dex's eyes shifted from me to Liam and then across the table to Anakin. "Who're your friends? They aren't regulars."

I smirked, shaking my head. "No they aren't." I leaned back to show off the hazel eyed boy behind me, "These are my friends Liam Calloway and Anakin Skywalker."

    Dex's eyes shifted from Liam behind me to Anakin upon hearing his name. His eyes squinted as he looked into Anakin's eyes. Liam and I looked between each other at the odd exchange, but Anakin seemed to just be waiting for something.

    "You're Obi-Wan's boy!" Dex exclaimed before slapping a hand onto my Master's ex Padawan.

    I took note of how Dex referred to Anakin as Obi-Wan's 'boy' and not his pupil. How close had my Master and Anakin been? I also saw how the simple words made Anakin beam in a way I had never seen him before. Which made sense because I've only known him a few hours.

    "Well, I was." Anakin leaned forward and gestured across the table to me before folding his hands on the bright red top. "But that's his kid now."

    Dex's head jerked to look at me, his eyes were wide and bright with a new life. "You're Obi-Wan's kid?"

    I shifted awkwardly in my seat. Was I? I mean he did originally request Ahsoka...but Anakin was taking her under his wing now. Obi-Wan hadn't even confirmed that he was going to be taking me as his Padawan. Honestly I wouldn't blame him if he sent me back. "I guess so."