Chapter 2

The journey to the Kingdom of Ulstead was a very fast one. Slyvaine, Sheirdan and Drystan made it there before the sunrise on the next day. All that was left, was to question the King and Queen about the missing children.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        To say the townsfolk were surprised was an understatement. Never before had a girl, a princess to be exact, walked around bare foot and in maiden clothes demanding to meet with the King and Queen. Not only was that peculiar, but the couple trailing behind her was rather odd too. They looked after and treated her as if she was a child. Like she would wander off if they looked away for even a second. But what was weird was the man was a dark fey and both women were human. Yet the man and the older lady acted as if they were together. 

      Ever since the war between fey and human it was not uncommon to see fey walking around the market or some other place. However that didn't mean everyone liked and accepted it. Some people accepted the fey while others did not. 

       But looking at the trio talking to the guards it was clear that where ever they came from there was no such problems. They all seemed comfortable with one another. Like this sorta thing was normal.

"I need to see the King and Queen!" Sylvaine requested urgently.

"I'm sorry, but the King and Queen are very busy right now. Maybe you can come back another time." The guard stated, eyeing Drystan with caution.

"No! I will not come back. This is important! Innocent children have gone missing in my kingdom and I need answers!" Slyvaine cried out. Drystan and Sheirdan both watched the ordeal with caution. They were trying to make sure their precious princess did not get hurt.

"Again, I am very sorry but -" 

"Enough!" Shouted a dark fey with jet black wings, brownish black hair, black horns, and a dark dress.

"What is the meaning of this?" Questioned the female fey.

"This lady just wanted to visit the King and Queen. Something about missing children and how it was urgent, Maleficent," the guard stated to the woman Sylvaine now new as Maleficent.

"Lady? Lady! I will have you know  sir I am the Princess of Tudela! I was sent here by my father to ask the King and Queen about any missing children, as many have disappeared from mine! How dare you - " Slyvaine was cut off from her rant by Sheirdan pull her backwards.

"That is enough Sylvaine. I'm sure he didn't mean to be rude. What would your father think, causing a scene like this, hmm?" Sheirdan questioned. 

"You're right, I'm sorry," Sylvaine turned to the guard, "And I am sorry I went off on you. I can tell you meant no harm. I'm a bit worked up over the missing children is all."

"It is alright I guess." The gaurd stated before stalking off to continue his patrol. 

      Sylvaine turned to the dark haired fey in front of her with an urgent look in her sky blue eyes. "Oh please! You have to help us! I need to speak with the King and Queen. It is very urgent - " Sylvaine was cutoff when Maleficent silenced her by raising her pale hand. 

      "Enough talk from you now," Maleficent kindly smiled. "I will take you to the King and Queen, but you must first tell me why you three are hear." Her statement caused all three to quickly try and explain the situation. Sylvaine was explaining how there were missing children, Sheirdan was explaining that she followed Sylvaine to make sure she was safe (and because she was invited), and Drystan was explaining that he came to make sure they both returned home safely and nothing bad would happen. 

"Well well, what a sad reason for being here. But as promised, I guess I will take you to the King and Queen," Maleficent sighed sadly.

"Thank you so much! You are truly a blessing!" Sylvaine quickly explained, almost throwing herself into Maleficent's arms. She would have succeeded if Sheirdan and Drystan weren't holding her back. 

Maleficent let out a low chuckle while she was trying not to smile. "I wouldn't say a blessing," she stated before continuing on the path towards the palace. The three couldn't help but stare in wonder at the kingdom before them as they tried to keep up with the winged beauty.

***********************************************************************

If you are ready this thank you so much!!! Remember, constructive criticism is very much welcome! Thank you again for reading this, it means a lot to me. Have a wonderful day. Sorry if this was kinda short?!?!