Chapter 3

The walk to the palace was silent. The only sounds were the clicking of Maleficent's heels and the occasional rustle from either Drystan's or Maleficent's wings. Every now and then Maleficent would turn around and glance at the trio. Observing their behavior and how well they interacted with one another. 

    Finally, after what seemed like and eternity to Sylvaine, they arrived at the throne room to meet with Queen Aurora and King Philip. As they walked thru they grand doors, Aurora stood from her seat and stared questionably at her mother.

    "Mother? Who are these people and why have you brought them here?" She kindly asked. 

    "My name is Sylvaine. Children, both fey and human, have started disappearing from my kingdom. I was sent here by my father to ask questions and hope for answers. So please, if you know anything, or know someone who might know. Please tell me so I can bring them home!" Sylvaine desperately pleaded, with hopelessness painted on her face. 

    "I am so sorry, but I am afraid I know nothing about these disappearances. However, you can stay as long as you wish here in the palace until you find the missing children," Aurora stated calmly, "I will have a guard escort you three to rooms if you wish." 

    Sylvaine looked at Sheirdan questionably. "Um, yes, that would be very nice. We could unpack and rest from our long trip." Drystan suggested. Sheirdan nodded along and quickly elbowed Sylvaine before she could protest. 

    "Very well then, please escort them to rooms," Prince Philip ordered a few guards. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Why did your father make us come here  anyway? I'm pretty positive no missing children are here. this place seems pretty uptight and quite if you ask me!" Sheirdan complained. "Good thing nobody asked you then," Drystan snickered as Sheirdan threw her shoe at his head, narrowly missing. 

    "Apparently there is a magical forest directly across the kingdom. And all kinds of fey live there! My father thinks the children might have wandered off there and got lost. A bit of the forest lies in our kingdom, my father thinks that might be where they entered the place. But we aren't allowed in the forest..." Sylvaine quietly trailed off. 

   "So why can't we just explain our theory to the King and Queen and search the forest?" Drystan questioned, pacing around the room. 

   "That's the tough part. Usually only fey are allowed there. My father called it the Moors. Sometimes Queen Aurora is allowed in to visit her mother, and she is technically the queen there too." Sylvaine stated.

   "Well how about we get some rest. And then tomorrow we can go out and search the kingdom. If we don't find anything, we can talk to Aurora and see if there is anything else she could do." Sheirdan reasoned. 

    "Okay," Sylvaine yawned quietly, slipping into her bed, "Good night you two!" "Good night Sylvaine," Sheirdan and Drystan stated quietly as they headed towards their room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Mother, could you inform the dark fey in the Moors about the missing children, Sylvaine said there were both fey and human children missing. Could you just ask everyone in the Moors to be careful and keep an eye out? Please?"  Aurora asked Maleficent.

    "Fine. I will ask them to keep an eye out. But you know how they are with humans. You better hope the Princess and her friends do not wish to come to the Moors. I do not think that will end well," Maleficent stated bitterly.

    "Thank you so so so much Mother! I really do hope those children are found." Aurora quickly stated to Maleficent.

    "Your welcome beastie, but you owe me! Now you better head to bed. It's getting late." Maleficent playfully responded before flying off towards the Moors.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hello again! I'm very sorry I have not updated in a minute. School has been very hectic and I have had very little free time. Thank you to every one who has read this! It really means a lot to me. Again, I would appreciate constructive criticism. So, if there is something that could have been wrote differently (or any mistakes) please tell me! I went back and re-read the previous chapters and fixed any mistakes I caught. But I would like to hear your guy's opinions on this. Is this story interesting or boring and basic? 

Anyway, Have a wonderful day and thank you for reading!