Chapter 1 * Hot Chocolate and Homework

A/N

First chapter pog.

-

(Tommy POV)

"Oh yes baby! A whole three marks better than you!" I had exclaimed to my desk mate, who was a rather tall guy with fluffy brunette hair. "I believe that means I win?" I outstretched my hand, where he put a crisp £10 note. Amazing.

"Can you believe this, Ranboo? Three marks. Three whole marks! This means that my grade is higher than yours!" I gloated, really trying to rub salt into the wound.

"It's just three marks," Ranboo, my desk mate, responded.

"Yeah, but this puts me in a higher grade than you. This means I'm better! For once and for all."

"We'll see. We still have our maths tests to receive yet," he countered. It was true, exam period wasn't over yet. So far we had come even on every single test, apart from biology and maybe maths - depends on how well we studied. Last year we tied on every single one. The year before that... We don't talk about that, but I DID have to buy Ranboo a lot of chocolate in return. However this year in our competition, the stakes were higher: we were getting real money.

It was only a tenner, but anyways.

This game of ours has been going on for years. It started off as bragging rights, then as Pokemon cards, then into sweets. Always however, we had a one up on the other for the whole year. At the end of this one, the winner takes the crown, for it was year 11. After this.. Who knows what will happen: I think I'm going to college, Ranboo might be staying for Sixth Form.

But, no matter what argument or rare Pokemon card we lost, we had always remained friends. Always. We had always found a way back to each other, usually through a show binge or a night of video games.

I sat smiling as the teacher pointed out the highest scores of the class (me being on top, obviously) with Ranboo in second, then someone called Niki in third. She seemed nice, but too quiet for us to get along.

After that was finished, we had some self assessment tasks to complete: we worked in a calm atmosphere, helping each other out occasionally. As we finished early, we decided to make plans for tonight.

"My house, homework, dogs, hot chocolate?" I questioned, eyebrow raised and ready.

"Definitely. I'll bring the strawberries and mango."

"Deal."

And soon biology segwayed into maths, which was arguably my worst subject - I did try though, and I studied really hard. But good ol' standard form always catches me off guard.

And apparently, it had done so this time too, for I had fallen a whole five points behind Ranboo. Fucking numbers.

Sadly - a tear of pain and sorrow rolling down my cheek - I handed the nice and crisp, orange £10 note back to Ranboo. I think a part of my soul died.

But then, just to gloat even further, Ranboo pointed out that he had dropped two less points than me on all of the exams, which my proxy made him better than me and that he was the overall king here.

"Yeah right. Congrats though, you earned it man."

"Thanks Tommy." We laughed everything off, completed the work set and began to pack up to go home. The teacher dismissed us, and we went our separate ways. The plan was for Ranboo to meet me at mine in an hour, so we could prepare everything. We wanted to work late into the night, and finish with a few games of Mortal Kombat, but with it being a school night, we didn't want to risk it.

Therefore, we settled on three hours of homework, and four of pure relaxation.

"How was school today, Tom?" Mother greeted me as I walked through the door. She was sat at the table on her laptop, notebook open beside her. Her own was poised, and she absent-mindedly scratched her blonde hair with the tip.

"Yeah, top of the class in biology, joint top in English and second in maths," I responded, smiling at the scores I had.

"Very well done! Is Ranboo coming over later? Because I've got an important work call I don't want interrupting." Mother questioned; she gave me a knowing glance. Okay, Ranboo wasn't over that much, but it was more often than not.

"Yeah... We can be quiet though!"

"You better be, or I'll have you with the slipper." I knew she was joking, but the evil smile always made me a little cautious of going against her word.

"Of course, of course. Love you,"

"Love you too,"

With that, I walked through the kitchen and up to my room, where I quickly texted Ranboo to tell him to be silent up on entering, or I'll hang him from my window and leave him for the birds.

And soon the taller had arrived, in fact I didn't realise he had entered my room until I felt two really cold hands on my shoulder - which definitely did not make me scream for a second before I clamped a hand over my mouth.

"Oh jesus... Fucking hell Ranboo." I whisper shouted.

"Sorry, sorry. By the way, I have the goods."

This lead to us quietly sneaking downstairs for plates and hot chocolate - and perhaps a dog or two - before we settled on my bed. In front of us stretched several revision guides and old notebooks filled to the brim with writing, key phrases highlighted and pages slightly frayed at the edges. Our GCSE's may be a whole eight months away, but that didn't stop us.

The atmosphere was quiet, not awkward, as we worked. I actually found this my favourite - no talking, no light hearted bickering, just an honest silence that spoke volumes.

Soon, the hot chocolate had been drunk, the fruit diminished and our eyes tired. This had often happened, when one of us was way too tired to head home. In fact, we were so prepared for this that our wardrobes were now basically merged, with half of my stuff at Ranboos place, and half of his at mine.

So we moved all of our stuff, set my alarm and curled up on the bed together, already drifting off to sleep.

I'm so glad to have a friend like Ranboo.

-

A/N

Think of this like a prologue: all the juicy stuff is going to happen from next chapter onwards.

I hope you enjoy this book, I've always wanted to write an Allium Duo, but one only recently started writing dsmp stuff lmao.

Anyways, have a very good rest of your hour, I'll be waiting for you :)

-

Word Count: 1123 Words

-