1.5

A plane lands in Rio before the cargo hold opens up to reveal DSS Agent Luke Hobbs and his wife, DSS Agent Wendy Hobbs.

"All right, listen up!" Luke orders as he walks out of the plane with Wendy following him. "The men we're after are professional runners. They like speed and are guaranteed to go down the hardest possible way so make sure you got your funderwear on. We find them, we take them as a team, and we bring them back. And above all else, we don't ever, ever let them get into cars. Crime scene is 10 hours old and counting, men. Let's go hunting."
"Agente Hobbs! Chief of Police, João Alemeida," João introduces himself as he walks over to Luke and Wendy.
"Luke," Luke corrects him before motioning to his wife. "Wendy."
"Sorry to hear about the loss of your men," João says as he follows Luke and Wendy, who is flipping through some files. "Is all this really necessary to apprehend two men?"
"Let me tell you something about these two men," Wendy says as she closes the file, looking at João with a pointed look. "One is a former federal officer, been in deep cover for five years. He knows every way you're going to come for him. The other one is a professional criminal, escapes prison twice, spent half his life on the run avoiding folks like you."
"Well, if there's anything we can do to help the DSS..." João starts but is interrupted.
"Two things," Luke says as he interrupts him. "One, we need a translator."
"We have plenty in the public relations department," João tells him.
"Elena Neves," Wendy states, having already picked someone out before she hands the files to João.
"A patrol officer?" João asks her confused.
"You heard the woman," Luke answers him.
"But why? I have many more experienced people," João asks them.
"I like her smile," Wendy answers as Luke nods in agreement.
"What's the second thing?" João asks as he gives up on changing their minds.
"Stay the fuck out of our way," Wendy answers as she finally turns to face João before getting into a truck with Luke.

Luke is looking through the remains of the train before pulling something out from where they had cut into the side of the train.
"Plasma cutter," Wendy states as she looks at the piece of metal, causing Luke to nod in agreement.
"Wilkes, I want a list of every place within 50 miles that distributes compressed gas tanks. Pass me that manifest," Luke orders before he drops the piece of metal into the bag that Wilkes holds out. Wilkes then passes Luke a file.
"Officer Neves. Been waiting for you," Wendy says with a smile as Elena walks up to them.
"You asked for me?" Elena asks them confused.
"We did," Wendy answers her with a nod.
"May I ask why? My smile is not that great," Elena says with a blank face.
"Your husband was an officer who was gunned down in the favela. Six months later, you upped and joined the force. You're motivated," Wendy explains before one of their team members pull up next to them. "Plus, I figure you're the only one in Rio who can't be bought. Am I right?"
"Yes," Elena answers her with a nod.
"Of course she is," Luke says with a proud smile.
"Good news, bad news," Hunt says as he walks over to them.
"You know I like my dessert first," Luke states as he looks at him.
"Back-checked the rail line like you asked. Found a couple of spots where they unloaded the cars," Hunt explains to them. "One set of tracks headed west until it hit the main highway, then disappeared. But another set of tracks headed east. A 107-inch wheelbase, eight and a half inch tread."
"The GT40 that was missing from the manifest," Wendy states with a nod.
"Followed the trail a couple of miles," Hunt says with a nod. "Pretty easy on the scrub. Can't move without leaving a sign."
"Give me the damn veggies," Luke tells him knowing the bad news is coming.
"The ground rolls into a hardpack and we lost that track, too," Hunt explains as Elena shakes her head.
"Not necessarily," Elena tells him. "That road heads up through the hills into the favelas. Couple of years ago, it was washed out by a storm. It's all dirt a mile from where you were. If they headed that way, we'll pick up their tracks there."
"You came prepared," Wendy comments with a small smile.
"I'm motivated," Elena responds with a half smirk, causing Wendy to actually smile.
"All right, then. Lets find ourselves a car," Luke orders before they head out.

Elena showed them where they would find the tracks and they did. They followed the tracks into the favelas. Luke starts leading them up a set of stairs before several men appear with guns. Luke grabs his gun causing his team to raise theirs. The men start to slowly back away.
"I thought so," Wendy says as she glares at the men, causing Luke to slightly smirk. They continue their way up the steps before they stop as they hear gunfire. Wendy immediately grabs her gun, looking around knowing Luke would give orders.
"Wilkes, Fusco, up the middle," Luke orders as he looks at his team. "Mac, Hunt, flank north."
"What about me?" Elena asks as she stands beside Wendy.
"Stay here," Luke answers her before taking off.
"Stay here, my ass," Wendy grumbles before taking off towards the shooting.
"Hobbs," Elena hisses but is too late because the girl disappears. Luke is checking an alley when he hears footsteps above him before seeing Dominic Toretto running across the roofs. Luke runs into a building before busting out of a window onto a roof as Dom jumps from the roof above him. Luke rolls onto the roof as Dom looks back at him before taking off running. Luke quickly gets up before running after Dom. Wendy catches sight of people running on the roofs before following them. Dom is still being chased by Luke before he lands on the ground right in front of Reyes' men. Dom quickly runs around a corner as they shoot at him. Luke jumps off of the roof, slamming two of the men into a fence before punching the other man. Luke quickly stabs the first two men before breaking the lasts one's neck. As Wendy runs through the alley ways, she catches sight of Dom before running after him. Dom looks behind him to see if he is still being followed before someone blocks his path.
"Policia," Elena says as she points her gun at him. "Get on the ground." Elena grabs her walkie. "I got Toretto. Four blocks north of your...." Some of Reyes' men show up and start shooting at them before Dom pulls Elena behind a wall. Wendy goes to run around the corner but Luke pulls her back, pressing her up against the wall as he covers her head. Reyes' men go to follow them but are gunned down by Hobbs' team. Wendy looks up at Luke, shocked that he had been there to protect her.
"You okay?" Luke asks her as he quickly checks to make sure she wasn't shot.
"Yeah... I'm good. You?" Wendy answers as she checks him out. Luke nods before pressing a quick kiss to her forehead as she lets out a calming sigh.
"Let's go," Luke says before they walk around the corner to see the dead bodies.
"Elena," Wendy says relieved that she is okay. Luke looks at Wendy, asking if she had it handled, to which she nodded. Luke takes off as Wendy watches as Elena bends over, picking up a necklace. "You okay?"
"He saved me,"Elena tells her as she is still in shock.
"As much as I hate to say it, not all criminals are bad," Wendy tells her with a small smile before they go meet up with Luke's team.

"This is a mess," Wendy says as she looks around at the taken apart car. "That's going to be fun."
"Something doesn't add up," Elena says as she looks through a file. A small smile comes to Wendy's face as she knows that Elena is talking about Dom. "Toretto and O'Conner. They stay when they are supposed to run, they steal gas then give it away? Now they're killing federal agents? It doesn't make any sense."
"Here's what makes sense," Luke says as he takes the file from her before throwing it. "All these guys are, are names on a list. They come up, we take them down. Not a phone call more, not a bullet less."
"There will come a day when you will have the one that changes your out look on that," Wendy says as she pats Luke on the shoulder, seeing as they have never seen eye to eye on the matter. "Whether you want to believe it or not, not all criminals are bad. Some are just Robin hoods without a disguise." Luke just slightly glares at her until he is the first to blink.
"Wilkes, we get anything?" Luke asks as Wendy smirks at him.
"Standard forensics. Shoes prints. Hair and fiber. Prints are all over the car," Wilkes answers him before bringing him some papers.
"Anything else?" Luke asks as he takes the papers.
"Yeah, we tracked the owner off the vehicle ID," Wilkes answers him. "There are a couple of shell companies in between, but we finally traced it back to a corporation owned by an investor down here named Hernan Reyes."
"Investor?" Elena asks as she raises her eyebrows. "If there's anything illegal happening in Rio, Reyes is involved."
"Okay, then so are we," Luke says with a nod. "If he could get us any closer to our guys, I want everything on him. Hunt, you're on the roof. I want you on overwatch in case somebody comes back for something. Mac, give me a cross check on Reyes, full specs. If he goes to the john, I want to know how many times he shakes it."
"You got it, boss," Mac says before walking over to the computer.
"Wilkes, Fusco! Lets put all this mess back together," Wendy orders with an evil smirk.
"That's going to take a while," Fusco says causing Wendy to roll her eyes. By looking at how the pieces are separated, she could already tell what was missing from the car.
"Then you better get started," Luke tells him with a shrug. "They were taking this car apart for a reason. Lets put it back together and find out what's missing."
"Have fun, boys," Wendy says as she gives them a mock salute before sitting in a chair and propping her feet up. The woman infuriated Luke to no end but he couldn't imagine being married to and in love with anyone else in the world.