6

"This is awkward" Karma thinks as he and Gakushū continue walking down the street. He tried talking to Gakushū but the strawberry blonde just ignored him, eventually Karma just shut up and they walked in silence.

What could they talk about? Has Gakushū changed his hobbies in the two years he's gone?

What could he talk about to his ex fiancé who he left on their wedding day? It was also pretty clear the strawberry blonde did not wish to talk about that day, at least not yet.

An ice cream truck was slowly driving down to their direction and Karma's eyes brightened. "Hey!" He called running up to the truck.

The old woman inside popped her head out and smiled at them. "Hello young men, what would you like?"

"Two strawberry flavored ice cream with chocolate syrup" Karma orders handing two hundred yen(Author: 1.82 USD)

The old lady handed Karma two cones of the ice cream. "My, how handsome you two are. I have two grand daughters roughly your age, would you like to meet them?"

Karma laughs. "Sorry ma'am, we're committed" he glanced at Gakushū.

Gakushū furrowed his brows when Karma said that they were committed. He rolled his eyes at the red head, and crossed his arms, turning his head to face the other side. Karma looked back at the old lady. "Thanks anyway"

The old lady nodded, still smiling, before starting her truck again.

Karma turned and walked to Gakushū, holding out the other ice cream. "Here, just the way we both like it" he smiled charmingly.

Gakushū stared at the ice cream in Karma's hand, before scoffing. "I don't like sweets anymore" he pushed Karma's hand that was holding the ice cream away.

"It'll be a waste if you don't eat it, look it's melting"" Karma pointed out, before licking his own.

Gakushū stared at the ice cream in Karma's hand, before taking it. He reluctantly licked the slowly melting cream.

Karma smiled at the sight, momentarily picturing teenager Gakushū from years ago trying his very first ice cream.

But then Gakushū stopped licking the ice cream, turned to a trash bin, and tossed it there. He faced the shocked red head. "Like I said, I don't like sweets anymore"

Gakushū walked ahead. Karma followed behind him, pouting and whined about the wasted food as he finished his ice cream. "Think of the children who are too poor to eat ice cream Gakushū! Think of their sad, depraved, hungry faces! You shouldn't waste good food!"

Then Karma remembers something, and laughs. "What's so funny?" Gakushū turned to face him.

"Remember when you first came to my house?" Karma said. "Remember when you called me and asked if I was already eating. And you told me to dump whatever I was eating in the trash?"

"Yea" Gakushū murmurs. He then faced Karma. "Did you?"

"I did"

"That was a waste of good food" Gakushū frowned.

"Look who's talking" Karma smirked.

Gakushū frowned again, before slowly, a chuckle escaped his throat. Karma smiled warmly, it may not be a full out laugh, but it was close enough. He'll take what he can get.

"Remember when you took me to your favorite spot at the mountain? In the forest?" Gakushū reminded.

"Remember when you said I was your personal charger? That being near me is enough to return your energy?"

Gakushū blushed and spluttered. "T-that was a cheesy pick up line" Gakushū groaned, blushing a little.

Karma couldn't help but giggle. Yes, he giggled. When Gakushū heard this, his eyes widened and he faced Karma, who blushed and looked to his side.

"Did you just giggle?"

"No"

"Yes, you did"

"You heard wrong"

"Akabane giggled! Not so tough now are you?" Gakushū teased. Karma snorted. "Fine, I giggled, happy?" The red head admitted. Gakushū grins in triumph. He'll be sure to remember Karma's giggle forever, it was so cute.

Karma smiled, everything seemed to be going fine. Gakushū, was having fun and laughing. Granted he was laughing at him, not with him, it was still a laugh.

But then Gakushū stopped walking, his attention seemed to had been captured by something else. "What is it?" Karma asked, before following Gakushū's gaze.

Nostalgia kicked in when he saw the cute strawberry themed restaurant. It's see through windows showed the inside of the restaurant was still the same as years ago.

Pink and red chairs, round tables. The strawberry decorated walls. The smiling waters and waitresses.

He smiled widely and looked at Gakushū. "Let's go inside!" He held Gakushū's hand, but the man didn't move.

Karma's smile fell when he remembered an important detail.

That was where Gakushū proposed.

(Author: Don't forget to Vote and Comment. Votes and comments make my day bright ☺️)