73

Day 23

When Karma woke up the next day, it was 4 in the morning. He sat up in bed, before looking around his surroundings. He was still at the hospital.

Everything came flooding back to him. His kidnapping, that psychopath, getting injected all over his arms by unknown substances, Valentine trailing his fingers all over his stomach--Karma shuddered at that memory--and getting locked in a freezer like room. "Kagami you son of a bitch" he spat.

His eyes landed on a note left on the bedside table. He picked it up, and read it

Karma,

You're mother's here. As soon as she heard what happened she flew to Italy to see you. I'm boiling with rage at what Kagami and that psycho put you through. Currently the police are searching for Valentine but right now Kagami is under investigation. They'll be sending him back to Japan for the Japanese police to deal with

Me and your mother beat him up, I wanted to do worst. But Natsuki-san said I shouldn't waste the opportunity to put him behind bars where he will rot for years. If I killed him, I'll be be the one behind bars. As tempting as murdering the asshole sounded, I just really want to go home with you and forget everything that happened

You'll be discharged tomorrow. We can go home

I'm with your sister. We're just having a walk

Watashi wa anata no otto o aishiteimasu

Gakushū

Karma felt like there was more to the message, so he flipped the paper.

______________________________

"I'm..I'm not really worth it" Chiyo said to him. The two were at the park, sitting on a bench. "Don't say that" Gakushū said to her "You're still too young kid, you've got a life a head of you". The little red haired girl looked up at him. Her shining hopeful eyes reminded him so much of his husband, so did her red hair and even the shape of her face.

"But what if the operation goes wrong? What if..." She hesitated. "What if I die?"

"You won't" Gakushū assured. "Want to know why? Because I won't let that happen" he promised. "I'll get you the normal childhood you want, also me and your brother are going to have a redo of our wedding--since we had a really rushed one--and Karma wants you to be the flower girl" this made Chiyo's eyes sparkle

"R-really? But I thought Karma hates me" Chiyo's cheeks turned rosy.

"He thought he did, turns out he was just channelling his anger on you because of Kagami" Gakushū explained.

At the mention of her father's name, Chiyo's heart ached. "Daddy did a bad thing" she whispered. But still, despite what he had done, Chiyo couldn't bring it in her to hate the man. Because at the end of the day, he did those bad things and made wrong choices because of her. Yes he didn't want to do the operation and lied about not being Chiyo's match, but she understood him, he was scared.

"Let's-" Gakushū was stopped when he saw a growing red dot in the distance. "What the-" he squinted his eyes to make out what that thing was. He thought he heard it yell his name. And then-"

"Karma!" Chiyo and him exclaimed in surprise.

Gakushū had stood up and spread his arms to hug him, only for his eyes to widen when he saw the angry expression on his husband's face

And then, his husband pounced on him, and pinned him to the ground.

Chiyo's eyes widened in surprise when she saw her half brother jump on Gakushū and pin him down, and then started slapping and pinching his cheeks. "Moron!" Karma yelled at him. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?! I'm Chiyo's match! I'm the one who'll be her donor!"

"What the hell are you doing here?! You should still be at the hospital!" Gakushū propped himself up by his elbows.

Karma had straddled him, and had his hands on Gakushū's collar. He was glaring at Gakushū, but at the same time he saw the love in his eyes. "You're clearly not in the best conditions for a surgery Karma" Gakushū sighed. "That's why I-"

"You're not doing the operation! I will" Karma insisted. "We already talked about it"

"Idiot, I'll do it!" Gakushū snapped.

"I will!" Karma insisted

"No I will" Gakushū rebutted

"Me!" -Karma

"I'll do it!" -Gakushū

"Like hell you will" - Karma

"Oh yes, I will!" -Gakushū

"You won't" - Karma

"Who's stopping me?!" - Gakushū

Chiyo just stood there, not sure whether she should coo at the cute display or face palm. Were they really arguing about who will be her donor? That was nice of them, but at the same time she can't help but feel like they were being a little... childish? Still, it didn't stop the smile from gracing her pretty features as she listened to them bickering. She felt her heart swell with happiness, she felt her cheeks heat up and she blushed. She giggled at them. This sight presented to her was something she really liked, she wants to see this more often.

"Karma-" she started, only for her eyes to widen when she felt unbearable pain. Suddenly, she collapsed to the ground.

"Chiyo!" Karma got off Gakushū and gathered his sister in his arms.

"Shit, shit, shit!" Karma gently shook her.

"Let's go back to the hospital" Gakushū grabbed his arm and led him to a shortcut.