SET FIRE TO THE RAIN

"Jeong Hyeok, you are heavy! Oh damn," Seo Dan removed her high-heeled shoes for fear that they would both tumble on the floor. She made her half-conscious fiance carry them for her. "Here, hold this."

"Mmmm."

Dan had never seen Jeong Hyeok like this. He was a casual drinker, a heavy one at that, and the man can undeniably hold his liquor.

She had no idea what happened to him.

The phantom touch of his lips still lingered on her own, and there was a different feeling in her chest whenever she remembered all of it.

It was... different. There are no other words to describe it. It was different to all the quick pecks in the lips that they have shared for photo-ops.

His kiss was hungry, full of passion, full of longing. It felt like he was angry, pained, passionate, and in love, all at the same time— It was like being on cloud 9, and what took Seo Dan's breath away was the fact that Jeong Hyeok refused to let go.

Even now, as she threw him in his bed after struggling to assist him down for almost 20 minutes, Jeong Hyeok refused to let Dan go.

"Hey.. hey.." Dan slightly shook her fiance, "I'll be back."

And when his hold loosened, Dan gently pulled her arm and worked on removing his shoes and his socks.

She loved Jeong Hyeok so much that she was actually happy that she was taking care of him right now. Grabbing a wet towel and fresh clothes for her fiance, she tried to sit him up and assisted him in removing his suit and changing his shirt.

He laid on his bed again, eyes closed, wearing a blue sweater and the pants he wore for the party tonight.

When he's asleep like this, he looks like an angel sculpted by the hands of God.

And when Jeong Hyeok held her again, it was over.

He pulled her in beside him, half-asleep, gently caressing her face and whispering sweet nothings to her ear— like how she looked so beautiful that night and why couldn't it be just the two of them in the world.

Jeong Hyeok groaned, "Seri.."

Seo Dan never felt like being stabbed in the heart by a knife and twisting it over and over to ultimately kill her, but right now she might as well have.

She took a deep breath and asked, "..Jeong Hyeok, it's me. I'm here."

"Finally, Seri.."

That was the moment she realized that the greatest gift she had ever received from the man she loves was never intended for her in the first place.

When Ri Jeong Hyeok is asleep, he looks like an angel sculpted by the hands of God...

But when he's awake, and in selected moments like this, he's sculpted by the other one.

Seo Dan walked away, slamming the door in the aftermath while Ri Jeong Hyeok unconsciously called for Yoon Seri over and over again.

***

Aside from monitoring Yoon Seri's approval rate, Geum Eun Dong is also tasked to compile every news article about the assemblywoman and synthesize them all by the end of the week. It was an easy task for him despite his boss' appearance in the top three broadsheets of the country at least 3 times a week.

The Junior Staff stood in front of the table of the Chief of Staff to ask for instructions because no one told him if it happened to be an article from a cheap tabloid.