MAKE YOU FEEL MY LOVE

As the title of the position would suggest, being the Speaker of the National Assembly entails the requirement of eloquence, not just in the manner of speaking one's decisions but that of the whole Congress as well.

Yoon Seri has always been eloquent. The Speaker can fluently speak in English and switch to Hangeul flawlessly.

And as Seri was called by the emcees and she took the stage for the Daegu Colorful Festival,  her constituents could be seen smiling ear to ear as they heard their elected assemblywoman speak in Daegu Satoori.

This talent of hers was highlighted when she took the mic and greeted the tourists in English, the local travelers in Hangeul, and thanked them all in her Satoori. The booming drums halted, the noisy bystanders fell silent, and everybody listened to the Mugunghwa of the National Assembly, Speaker Yoon Seri.

"May the colors of Daegu be a respite, and inspire everybody to hope for a brighter future despite the dark realities we are currently facing." She finished her welcoming address by wishing everyone to enjoy every activity that Daegu has prepared for them. A deafening applause followed as the lovely Speaker blew an air kiss to a little child in the frontline of the audience.

The assemblywoman was wearing a bright lavender dress today for the festival, foregoing her usual monochromatic fashion choices for the celebration of the most colorful festival in Korea.

Assemblywoman Yoon walked backstage, the roaring cheers behind her still lingering in her ear when she was suddenly pulled by a strong hand towards a dark makeshift room.

"Fucking son of a bitch!" She cursed in her local dialect, having half a mind to look for her mobile to dial the number of her bodyguards, and cursing once more when she remembered that it was with her executive assistant.

The man snickered, pulling down the hood covering half of his face. It was dark in that makeshift backstage room, but she knew every nook and crevice of that face. It took her one second to realize that it was the man that she woke up to yesterday morning.

"You scared me!" Seoul accent. She then slapped his chest, forcefully, and cursed at him once again in Daegu Satoori. "Asshole!"

Jeong Hyeok pulled her in closer to his chest for a half-hug. "Is it weird that I get turned on when you're cursing at me at your Satoori?"

"What are you doing here? I thought you were busy today?"

He decided that she didn't have to know that he canceled two days' worth of work and meetings to be with her in Daegu.

"Never too busy for you." Seri was about to utter some teasing for he was being too cheesy, but the spokeswoman, who always had something to say, lost her words when he complimented her, "That was a great speech— even if I only understood half of it. I was too busy picturing how beautiful the Assemblywoman of Daegu is."

Even in the dark of the room, he can sense her smiling. He took her arm and gently pulled her towards the exit of the makeshift backroom, the bright sunlight blinded them, and the booming speakers and colorful banners welcomed them. "Now will you tour me around here?"

"You're really asking the assemblywoman of Daegu to play tour guide?" she asked incredulously.

"No, I'm asking the love of my life to fulfill her promise to tour me around her hometown!" She remembers now-- a promise she committed several years ago when it was Jeong Hyeok's turn to show the beautiful city of Seoul to her younger self.

She lit up with the memory, "Do I have a choice or you're holding me hostage against my will?"

"Hostage. Better call your Chief of Staff."  Jeong Hyeok offered his phone to Seri, which she immediately took to call Hong Chan Sik to let him know where she'll be - or she won't be, at the festival's VIP Section.