ALL I ASK

⚠️ Mature!

***

"Bury the issue on my name and release to the media the things you have on Representatives Lee and Gong!"

"Copy that."

"Have our legal office talk to Korea Daily, I want it taken down from the internet." Ri Jeong Hyeok yelled at his phone, "They'll never have conclusive evidence so they can never act upon that tip anyway!"

"Kwang Beom is already with our legal team to discuss this."

"Taunt them, file a case against them— I don't care— just take it down!"

"Yes, sir."

"Release a statement condemning fake news and irresponsible reporting!"

"Noted, Sir." Pyo Chi Su wrote everything down. He advised his boss to never leave his residence today, or until they have gotten the news out of control. "Do you have any more instructions?"

"Yes," Ri Jeong Hyeok yelled, "Pull the agrarian reform off the session agenda next week! Delay it as much as you can!"

***

His phone is ringing non-stop like a hotline, and he's declining them all, with the exception of the call of Ri Cheong Ryeul.

"Ri Jeong Hyeok!!"

"I know! I'm fixing it."

There are a lot of words, expletives, but the assemblyman's ears rang so bad he had to end the call with his father. Ri Jeong Hyeok paced around his study, anguished and angry.

With the three hundred members of the National Assembly, only a quarter of them are good-willed and probably don't have dollar offshore accounts. It wasn't just him, he thought, even Seri has one under Son Eon Jin— but it wasn't something that one whips out to the media just for leverage and political gain.

She hates him, he gets it, but she should not have done this.

The assemblyman then dialed the number of his brother on the phone.

"Jeong Hyeok— what the hell happened?"

"You heard?"

"Who hasn't?" He sarcastically asked, "It's all over the news!"

"I know. It's bad."

"Do you have a plan?"

"Of course. It was already set in motion after the minute that article was released."

"Good." the Vice Prosecutor General commented, saving the ass of the troublemaker Assemblyman who happened to be his brother. "I'll keep a look-out here. Don't worry."

This wasn't the first mudslinging that Ri Jeong Hyeok experienced. With his familial background and personal experience in politics, he knew it was inevitable.

But it was the first time coming from a person that he never expected to do such a thing.

He was under strict instructions from his political advisers not to take any calls, not to talk to anyone, and not to entertain visitors.

But that night, Jeong Hyeok had to make one exception when he heard a violent banging on his door that could only be done by a certain person that hasn't left his mind.

Assemblywoman Yoon Seri.

When he opened the door, the first thing that came to Seri's mind was that Ri Jeong Hyeok looked like shit.