ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ

As usual, Gojo made you go out and buy him desserts. He told you that he had to take care of Itadori, therefore he is very busy. Of course, you didn't forget to roll your eyes at him before leaving. At least he didn't make you pay for it this time, you tried to comfort yourself as you stood in a line. At least your wallet-chan is safe, you sobbed as you watched your last protectors in front of you are checking out their items. At least-

"(Name), what are you doing here?" A voice startled you, in fact, it startled you so much that your brain skipped the steps of fight or flight and jumped right into freeze, which caused the person who called for you to raise his brow.

"...Um, are you...waiting in line?" A lady from behind you asked, eyeing you with concern.

"No! Please take a step forward," you gave her a twisted smile as you stepped aside, almost glad that she didn't call the police right after that. You could only watch as she took your hard-earned place in tears. You then turned to the man who indirectly caused this disaster and greeted him with tears streaming down your eyes, "it's good to see you here, Nanami-san."

"Gojo-san made you buy him desserts again," he frowned, knowing Gojo too well.

"Yeah," you sighed, "what are you doing here anyway?"

"I was passing by," he pushed up his glasses as he spoke, "what did he tell you to buy?"

"Oh," you fumbled with the list he gave you, "just the cream puffs of each flavour this shop has."

Without saying another word, he went to the counter and ordered for you before you could stop him. "Here," he handed the box to you after he finished paying.

"Thanks," you looked at him like a child looking at their favourite superhero.

You were about to pay him back, but he stopped you, "you're still a kid, don't mind it."

"It's Gojo-san's money."

He took it without any hesitation.

"I need to go to another shop now," you sighed, swinging the paper around to show him before waving, "I see you around, I guess."

Though when you began walking, he walked along with you, following you by your side.

Well, this is awkward, you glanced at him as he strode next to you. Not being able to take the awkwardness anymore, you laughed nervously and asked, "where are you going next?"

"I'm coming with you," he said in a matter of fact tone, "you can't handle talking to strangers, isn't it?"

After hearing that, you stopped completely on your tracks, almost causing him to bump into you. After seeing your reaction, he coughed into his fist and said, "my apologies, I was a bit too harsh-"

You spun around and hugged him with sparkles in your eyes, which he took a step back in alert. Then you wept, "Nanami! Nanami-san! Nanami-sama!" You cried out dramatically, "you're my hero! My saviour!"

He scowled a little and was about to push you off, but he quickly changed his mind as he didn't want to accidentally hurt you. His hands were held up as he didn't know where to put them. Eventually, he placed his hand on your shoulder and spoke gruffly, "you're causing a scene."

Upon hearing that, you looked around robotically, spotting a few people looking at you like looking at an abomination.

"Give me the paper," Nanami fixed his tie as you jumped back, "before you start saying 'I want to dig a hole a die in it.'"

You sulked and handed the paper to him obediently, which he took and examined it carefully. After doing so, he turned around and said, "let's go."

"Yes sir!" You straighten up right after he finished his sentence.