The stolen Ruby

A businessman barged into his office looking like he owned the place, the man sat down in front of him as he sternly let out a huff.

"Good afternoon?" he asked

"Not so good Detective Thomas. My precious ruby got stolen and I just found out earlier."

"And? " Thomas asked

"I want you to find it for me and the one who stole it" he said as he removed his circular glasses that are smaller than his eyes

"hmm you do know I don't meddle with those kind of things especially from an unknown man"

"Come'on Thomas we're friends " he rolled his eyes as the man practically swayed his arms all around the air

"You mean we we're"

"yeah yeah same thing, anyways BRODIN COME HERE" the man yelled as his head turned to the door he entered earlier

Noticing that Brodin doesn't seemed to respond he yelled again saying the same name. Soon a tall ass man holding a black suitcase on his hands with his back curled to a C, keeping his head down as he nervously sat down next to his Sir.

"I'm sorry Sir I didn't quite heard you back there" he said as he chuckled nervously

"it's alright, give him the money" he said as he motioned his hands towards Thomas's table.

Without any questions Brodin opened the suitcase and poured the stack of money on his table. His table was now flooded with stack above stack of money, letting out a quick sigh he looked as his supposedly client and supposedly friend.

"So what you want me to do is find your ruby and the thief? I mean i could always make some exceptions. But you have to say more details than saying you found out it's gone"

"well it was a peaceful night at my bar  the one on the city of course, it was 11  we usually close at midnight but some patrol said we couldn't do that today so we couldn't do anything and just forced some costumers out."

"You know that's a useless information right? " Thomas said as he massaged his temples sighing on the process

"alright geez, so after we closed I went to my office and walked towards my vault.  My ruby was there already so I only checked—"

"why is it on your bar not at your house? " he asked curiously thinking who's impulsive enough to trust a vault from keeping a precious gem.

"because I don't trust anyone at the house, lily always jokes about getting all of my precious items I love the most and laugh hysterically , Michael always have those bots roaming around the house, Imane have a sharp eyes and fast hands, Yvonne always lurk in the dark until she found an opportunity to stole coffee and hide again, Scarra walks in every corner of the house" he explained leaving the fact that he have access to their phones and know all of their passwords just in case they actually stole something from him.

"Weird.. But I get what you mean" Thomas said forcing not to laugh about Yvonne's coffee addiction.

"So when I checked there was none. No ruby. No Janet" he finished letting out a sharp inhale, shivering a little as he recalls the moment that still left him in shock, that moment when she left—

"Janet?"

"that's what I call my ruby as" he answered defensively

"well I'll try my best to get back Janet" Thomas said patting his friend as he saw his face go pale from the little story time they had.

"that's what I thought, thank you man" the man said taking a step back and letting out a smile and facing the door and ready to leave.

"no problem Jeremy " Thomas said flashing a quick grin as he saw the man stop at his tracks

"it's toast and you know how I hate getting called like that" Jeremy complained as he continued at his tracks.

——————

Thomas entered the bar the next day, looking around he saw a familiar girl on the stage singing as she teasingly swayed her hips.

'Rachell, the one I give my heart to... Only to have her chew it out, spit it out, kick it to the curve and drive over with a steam roller... Twice' he thought as he let his eyes wander through the seats and the tables around him.

Noticing a woman elegantly sipping what he thought was vodka while humming as Rachell continue to sang her way through the audiences heart.

"Thomas, detective Thomas " he said offering her a hand to shake which she gladly accepted

"Aria, nice to meet you detective " she answered smiling, assuming that the vodka  might have crawled to her head. He took a step forward towards the lady and asked what did she do the other night hoping that she would slip and might tell him the answer his trying to find.

"I was drinking here last night, but I had no alibi. Because  I come and go a lot. No one ever recognize my face " she answered her smile fading off as she trailed with the last phrases.

——————

After Rachell singing she took the empty seat beside him. As he asked the same question he asked earlier.

"hmm I was singing like usual, singing some requests and some that's already on the list-"

"what about your brother?" he asked feeling a little triumph as he saw her face go white from the sudden question  but gaining her posture and soon as it happened.

"oh don't bring my brother into this, he's a loner he doesn't get along with anyone so he stayed out of social places" she said flashing him a smug smile assuming he had heard the rumours.

"then where is he?" she gulped

"he's out of the country, at the moment. The gossips are still hot about him so we thought he should stay out since he doesn't like socializing or even talking with someone" she said

"also... You lookin good Thomas.." she trailed as she moved her fingertips towards his.