Chapter 14

The white flowers glowed silver in the moonlight. They glistened like the fallen stars, reflecting off the distorted water of the river flowing next to it. He stood in the middle of it, a path of crushed pedals drifting behind him.

In his cupped hands sat one of these glowing flowers. Once they were a pleasant memory. The scent of them filling the kitchen where they contentedly sat on the table in their sapphire glass vase. He could hear the tapping of his mothers hooves against the tile floors.

He missed her.

And that was something that had to be fixed. He had cut ties. He had let go. The one person that he didn't want to let down and he had. But there was no tuning back now. He had done to much to put this plan in action. He had to drive away this pesky feeling of guilt. It wouldn't do. Not with the coming change of his server.

A smile crept over his face. His server. How he missed that title. Back when people knew their place. Knew who had the power. How far he had fallen.

But he had a plan.

He glanced at the flower one last time, before dropping it and watching it drift to the ground. Turning on his heal, he started to march out of the glittering field of white lilies. Before stopping momentarily.

Puffy.

She took a trembling step towards him. He was so close! But...why was he here?

"Duckling?" She asked, reaching up to remove the cracked, smiling mask. Her finger tips slightly brushing it.

She flinched slightly as Dream grabbed her wrist, stopping her from removing the porcelain. the dead, black eyes of the mask stared at her. Her drooping ears twitched back slightly in wary.

"I think..." Dream started to reply, releasing his grip from his mother. "That we both know, I'm not him anymore."

Captain Puffy retracted her hand away from her once beloved son. "But...why? What are you doing here?"

He examined her for a second, before picking a flower by his feet and peering at it. Reaching up he lifted the red captains hat, he tucked the flower in his mothers flowing white hair, before walking by her.

"Forgetting old memories," he replied with a wave of his hand, before throwing an ender pearl. 

He took one last glance at her, she could see the emerald green eyes pocking out from the gap at the side of his mask, before disappearing. Twilight particles falling from where he once stood. Captain pully was left alone, her red coat ruffling slightly as small gust of wind drifted by her.

                                                                                                            *

"Tommy? Are you sure you want to go?" Phil asked, handing the boy a plat of warm food. "It's not gonna be safe for you. Especially in your... condition."

"To hell with my condition! It's never bothered me before. No reason it should now," Tommy snapped. He began to eat, hungerly mowing down on the fresh bread and morning sausages.

Phil gestured for Techno to follow him. "Tommy, I have some things I need to do, I'm taking Techno, DON'T get into any trouble."

'Mkay' came the muffled response, as Tommy's mouth was full of food.

Phil gave one last glance in Tommy's direction, before shutting the door and descending the outside stairs. His slightly broken wings ruffled in anticipation.

"What's up? You didn't bring me out here for chores, and that look on your face...well....somethings on your mind." Techno said, resting a hand on the old mans shoulder.

"Tommy...he's not going to be able to fight well Techno. Not as well as others. And if they gang up on him... We know what those people are capable of! They use any leverage they can get their grubby mits on. They could use him against you..."

"We have an inside guy, remember? Ranboo is a good kid. A little weird, undoubtable, but a good kid non the less."

He's one boy. He's not going too b-"

"Nothing will happen. Don't underestimate him. Tommy and Ranboo. They're survivors. I mean, Tommy has been through some things, and some things we don't even know about."

Phil looked at Techno. "That's the part I'm worried about."

A sigh came from the oversized pig behind him. "Phil, life is about chances. You should know this better then anyone."

Phil's brows furrowed as he glanced at the ground. A small coo came from above. Techno looked up and saw a black bird, circling their heads. 

It swooped down, landing on Phil's shoulder. It's head twitched slightly, trying to analyze Phil's features. It gave a soft caw, its feathers puffing out before nuzzling against the mans neck. It settled itself there.

"You have such an uncanny connection with those things," Techno chuckled as he watched his mentor scratch under the crows beak. Another soft coo came from it as it closed its eyes in pleasure.

"Mmm, maybe. They just remind me of an...old friend."

"Old friend you say?"

Phil looked up at him, a small smirk on his face. "A very old friend."

(I only had the dream scene planned, im sorry for whatever came after it😀)