~Traps, Traps~

*Second Battle*

The boys seemed to be standing in one of the spotlights while I stayed in the shadows. I had just learnt an interesting fact about my dear friend Daigo. Turns out he had been caught cheating in one of his matches. I don't really care though. From what I've observed, Daigo seems like he's sorry and won't do it again. That past is past. Forgive, forget. Simple. Black Eye apparently likes playing with crystal balls. And he knows how to as well. His first prediction came true as Daigo did end up losing to a ring out finish. I did notice Daigo realizing his mistake. He got too worked up and messed up his launch.

"I can see it now!" Black said weirdly.

"Next up, a burst finish!"

"Whatever you say, ya fraud!" Taro heckled. "Don't buy into it Daigo!"

"He's trying to throw you off your game!"

"Aw yeah! What he said!"

"Mop the floor with him!" They were all cheering for their friend as I stared at Daigo admirably. I could see him smiling at his little cheer squad happily when he caught my eye. I could see he was a little disappointed to find that I was not cheering but smiled again when I held up both my thumbs in a motivating movement.

"No way am I letting a copycat like you win!"

"The sequel is always better than the original." Black said as I scoffed.

"So not true." I mumbled under my breath while thinking of all those knock-off movies of the originals. Those ones are just sad.

"Second battle!" They got into their positions.

"C'mon," Daigo exclaimed with determination. "It's business time." Daigo then proceeded to glow a lively yet ominous purple. Thankfully, it isn't like any of the colours that I see surrounding the bladers here. Daigo's resonance is very powerful.

"Ready? Set!"

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

"Let it rip!"

Doomscizor landed much more smoothly this time as both bladers called out moves to their allocated partners.

"Now, Hunt Launch!" Both beys zoomed in for collision but missed each time.

"Wide trajectory for Krusher Doomscizor!" Wakiya observed.

"It's gonna hit the wall!" Valt panicked. Just as Doomscizor was about to bash into the wall it leaped into the air with tremendous power.

"Show no fear! Unleash your hidden power, go!" Daigo's opponent was obviously confused with the little show Doomscizor was putting on. Finally, Doomscizor swooped in for the final blow.

"Daigo Kurogami's Krusher Doomscizor wins with a burst finish!" We all cheered for Daigo and his victory.

"Nice! It's like your move Ally! Owl Crash." I nodded at Valt's enthusiasm.

"I got this! I call it Flying Double Strike." Taro suggested, proud of his discovery.

"Shouldn't he be the one naming it?" Cuza asked matter-of-factly.

"He'll thank me later." I slapped my forehead. Then I noticed Black Eye staring at the shadow bey in his palm while he was wondering what went wrong.

"How unfortunate for you, Black Eye. I see no future for you here anymore." Ashtem said over the speakers.

"No! PLease give me another chance, Ashtem!"

"Failures must leave." The ground underneath the blader then opened up into a perfect circle as Black Eye fell through. Then all the spots that were in the light began disappearing as well. I knew something was up!