~The 'Friendly Match' Tryouts~

*4:00 am Next Day*

As my eyes fluttered open I found myself cuddling a small little human. She had short blue hair in a bob cut. She had her eyes closed and was snoring peacefully. I stroked her hair as I recalled the memories of yesterday. As Kit showed Taro and Valt 'round the place, Shasa and her adorable little sister Honey had shown me around. Or at least tried to. Before they could even start I asked to sleep. They both giggled and led me to my room. Turns out I'm bunking with them since they're the only girls I know. Before I fell asleep we talked for a bit. We actually became pretty good friends. Shasa told me that she needs to go train now while Honey goes and sees how Kitty's doing with the boys. Turns out Honey wanted to give me a sweet surprise when I woke up. I sighed happily as I slowly took my arms off of her and tried not to wake her up. Just like at the dojo I wake up at 4:00 am and do my daily meditation. Yup, it really helps clear the mind making it easier to communicate with Athena. I got dressed in my fitness gear since I have my run after this. Since the bed was a bit preoccupied by one Honey Guten I have to do my meditation on the ground. As I sat down crossing my legs into the correct position I heard Shasa reposition herself in the bed next to me. I took a deep breath as I closed my eyes. Every session I have to centre my mind on one particular thing. Like an object or an activity. And every session I focus on one thought so that I can soothe my mind for the day. I think of my mother. I think of what she's wearing and what colour her hair is. How her coffee brown eyes twinkle whenever she gets happy. How her honey blonde hair falls gracefully over her shoulder whenever she turns around. How soft her hands used to be whenever she'd brush them on my cheek. How she'd laugh whenever I try to copy my dad's martial arts movements. Her laugh. It was beautiful. What I'd give to hear it again. She was amazing. She still is. At the dojo, when I'm feeling down I talk to my mother. Out loud that is. I call her by her first name instead of 'mother' because I love her name. Xeva. I partly named Athena after her. Athena 'X'. I opened my eyes and glanced at the clock on the bedside table. I started at 4:10 and it is currently 4:28. That seems good enough for today. I don't think it will be too bad. At least I don't have first-day jitters. I stood up and walked out of the room.

It's been about an hour since I started running and I've done a few laps around all of BC Sol. I haven't gone to the forest yet but I was thinking of visiting there later tonight. I was panting now and most definitely sweating. I took my hoodie off and it's safe in my room but it's still boiling. Luckily, the crisp and cool morning air of Spain has been kind enough to help me keep going. I just passed my 8th lap now. As I continued running I noticed a car pulling up and a woman maybe in her late 30's hop out. She wore an apron over a green dress and was carrying a bunch of grocery bags. I stopped in my tracks and ran over to her.

"Let me help you with those!" I smiled. The woman looked up in shock but then smiled.

"Thank you, dear." She replied as I took 3 of the 5 bags she was holding.

"I don't usually see bladers up this early except for Free. My name is Ange." 'Ange' looked like a very kind woman. Her eyes shone with happiness and her smile warmed up my insides. She smelled of fresh baked bread and chocolate chip cookies. Her pale green dress was partly covered by a simple, white apron. Her hazelnut brown hair had little remnants of flour.

"I'm Ally. I'm guessing your the one who cooks around here." I stated. She nodded happily and continued with the bags. I glanced at the watch on her wrist. It read 6:04 am. I nodded pleased with myself. I've been running for quite some time.

"In here is the kitchen dear." Ange pointed at a set of double doors at the end of the hallway we had just entered. I had hardly noticed we'd made it inside. Ange opened the doors to a large room filled with long, wooden tables and benches. I spotted the kitchen at the front of the room. It all looked like a school cafeteria but more homey. We got into the kitchen and set the bags down.