~Mysterious Shakadera~

"Look! They're showing the first line-up for Group A!"

Kit pointed up at the big screen that hung in the centre of the lobby.

We'd been waiting there for the announcement after the introduction.

I was leaning on a small couch where Shasa was seated as well when I pushed myself off and joined them as we stared up at the screen.

"And the lineup for Group A we have Valt Aoi versus Kurt Baratier!" The announcer called out as the screen showed the two bladers' profiles. Valt gasped.

"That guy! Oh, I'll knock him down a step or two."

He clenched his teeth and tensed his body until he started turning red.

"Calm down there," I laughed at him and patted his shoulder.

"You've gotta find a strategy to do that first." It didn't seem like he heard me as continued to glare at the picture of Kurt until it disappeared.

"Then, we have Red Eye versus Boa Alcazaba." Again, the screen showed the glaring albino and the determined Boa.

"And finally, we have Cuza Ackermann versus Norman Tarver! What an exciting round it will be for Group A!"

"Norman Tarver! This guy, huh. Wait, who is this guy?" Cuza turned to me for help but I just shrugged.

"Never heard of him." He looked to the ground in defeat.

"In fact, Both Boa and Norman haven't battled officially; why were they invited to battle in the tournament?"

"And I wasn't!" Silas cut me off with a scowl. He crossed his arms as he also glared up at the screen. I smirked slightly.

"Better luck next time, dude." He growled at me before turning away and softening his expression.

"Congrats to you for getting in, I guess." He mumbled out which made my smile grow even more.

"Aw, thanks Silas." I looked up at the screen again and stared at the lineup.

My eyes were especially fixated on a certain red-eyed foe.

"It's just like back then. When that older blader stormed the dojo with that crazy power. But I think Red Eye turned out worse than Cameron. Or Blue Eye. Or whatever he called himself."

Athena told me grimly. We were both quite shaken that day and couldn't sleep the same night.

Although his face was covered by a mask, the corrupted blader that entered our dojo so confidently radiated an aura of uncomfortable power.

It still gave me chills to this day.

"If Micheal wasn't able to help him break out of that...spell... do you think he would've turned out like Kurenai has now?" I asked her softly.

When she didn't answer, I changed the subject.

"We need to prepare. At some point, we'll probably face Kurenai in this competition and we can't let some childhood memory get the better of us." I told her with fake confidence.

"We should get to training then. Immediately."

I turned to Valt and Cuza and placed a hand on both their heads, ruffling their hair in the process.

"Good luck in your battles. I'll be there to watch but I'm afraid I can't help you prepare." I shrugged sadly as their faces fell slightly.

"I'll be doing some training of my own and I can't have you making notes on my strategies." I smiled. Valt nodded in understanding.

𝙸 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎 (Free De La Hoya x OC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें