Blame - P3

they just keep getting shorter and shorter

---

"You spoke about keeping the students safe, Eraserhead," a reporter mentioned, "But according to our information, you encouraged them to fight during the attack on the training camp, putting them in grave danger. What was your reasoning for this."

As he spoke, I felt a pang of guilt in my chest. It's my fault.

Aizawa leaned forward, lips inches from the mic. "I concluded that, because we didn't know the full situation, allowing them to use their quirks would avoid the worst possible outcome."

A stoic expression stayed on the reporter's face. "And what would that outcome be? Do you think 26 victims and one kidnapped child is a win for U.A. High?"

"I assure you that things could've gone much more poorly. I feared that every student would be tortured and killed in the end," he replied.

"Most of the victims were harmed by the gas attack," Nezu informed them, "We've determined it to be the result of a poisonous quirk used by one of the villains. It's thanks to the quick actions of Ms. Kendo and Mr. Tetsutetsu that injuries were kept to a bare minimum. Additionally, we're providing mental health counselling to every student, though at the moment we do not see any signs of serious psychological trauma."

"So you found a bright spot in this tragedy?"

Principal Nezu remained calm. "We're relieved that an entire class of burgeoning heroes still has a future."

"Can you say the same thing for the abducted, Katsuki Bakugou? The boy is obviously strong and heroic, but on the other hand he has violent tendencies. What if this is the reason the villains kidnapped him? What if they're brainwashing Bakugou to join the path of evil?" The reporter narrowed his eyes. "And our sources tell us that a student, Izuku Midoriya, from your school joined the side of the villains. It makes it difficult to believe it won't happen again."

My breath hitched, a lump growing in my throat. I did my best to choke back sobs, but a few slipped out. I'm so horribl-

"I take full responsibility for not taming Katsuki Bakugou's behavior," Aizawa explained, "I believe his actions at the Sports Festival were born of his deep seeded convictions. He's trying harder than anyone in his pursuit to become a top hero. If the villains think they have a chance with him, I can assure you they're grossly mistaken. And, as for Midoriya, we are positive he had no mal-intent. We had him thoroughly questioned, and discovered he was acting out for classified reasons."

The reporter's brows furrowed. "None of that amounts to real evidence, though. I didn't ask you how you feel, I asked you if you had concrete information. What are we supposed to think about classified information?"

"We're doing our best with the intel we currently have available," Nezu piped up, "I have no doubt that we'll break this case very soon. We won't rest until our missing student is returned to U.A."

Looking down, I felt tears pool in my eyes. Blinking the tears away, I sharply sucked in breath, my fists clenched. I will save him no matter what.

---

OG NOTES:

Hey guys, I know this is a short chapter, and I didn't realize it would be until I was already done. Don't worry, I've already started on another one, so it should be done within the next 2 days or so (unless I die or something).

The next chapter will likely be in Bakugou's perspective, so stay tuned for that one!

Thanks for reading! <3