Chapter Seven

Prince Prick and his uptight father stayed with us for three weeks. They were planning an engagement party before I was going to be whisked away to the Pure Paw Pack. My father begged them to let me stay until then and took every chance he could get to spend time with me. I hadn't spoken to Dom in that time, just like my father had asked.

Today was the day that the Asshat I am marrying, and I announced our engagement to almost every pack leader in Celenia. I had been trying not to be my usual self to be less irritating, but every time he gave me a stupid smug smile...

I figured I might as well ask him about the engagement party and what's going to happen. I am not exactly a social person, you know. Plus, when people are around, he gets this weird urge to act like we are in love which also annoys the crap out of me. He would just give me bizarre pet names and compliments. Thank the goddess he never tried to touch me. I would probably beat him to a bloody pulp.

"Hey, I had a question about later today," I said, not bothering to knock. In the past few weeks, he would just randomly walk into my room and start ranting. Always about something extremely beauracratic and stupid. I regretted doing this instantly. "I'm really getting tired of walking in on people having sex."

I sighed, not because I was disappointed or surprised, but because this was typical. Something I had accidentally walked in on several times. Every time it was a different girl, they were all Alpha or Beta daughters. 

"Are you mates? Have you bonded?" I asked; they were the only important questions. We wouldn't get married if one of these girls were his mate. If they weren't, I was still getting married to one of the biggest douchebags in all of Celenia.

"No." He laughed. This was all just a game to him. Every time he laughed at me, knowing I was trapped with him forever.

"Okay, whatever. Our announcement is tonight, and I was just curious about what I am supposed to do?" I rolled my eyes and leaned up against the doorway.

" Throw on a dress and a little bit of make-up. Try to act like a girl in love. I don't know." He got up out of his bed, but not without checking his appearance in the mirror—pompous asshole. 

"I'm sorry I even asked. Enjoy your morning." I turned before walking out the door. Great, now what was I supposed to do. I don't own a dress, and I've never put make-up on before. Once again, I needed to hit something, but I couldn't hit Dom like I wanted. Or go to the training area.

I didn't even notice that a growl had escaped my lips. I needed an out. I wanted to leave this hellhole, but not with him. I am so tired of being played with, like a little rag doll that no one ever bothered to patch up. 

I spent half my day raging around the palace. I was so pissed off that I didn't even eat. Why was I so angry over this? I couldn't tell why myself. I didn't care about him or the girl he was with. I didn't have the right to be angry that he didn't want to help me. Now was the time I had to get ready for this stupid event.

I walked into my room only to be met by a team of Omega's. Each of them armed with styling utensils and brushes. My entire room not stank with a floral scent. It was so overwhelming I wanted to throw up.

"Where have you been?" One scolded me while pushing me down into a chair. "We were told to meet you here at noon. It is almost three O'clock."

"Who sent you? The Luna or The Alpha? Or was it Callisto?" The Luna and Callisto would make sure that I didn't embarrass myself. If it was the Luna, there was a possibility they would stab me with a sharpened comb. If the Alpha sent them, I know he was doing it with good intentions and try to be slightly more considerate of their feelings.