P R O L O G U E

Taehyung's POV

🍃March 3

I only come to the skating rink to watch Jimin. I suppose it's one of my stress-relievers. 

It's one of those days. 

Lately, I've been having a lot of those days. Days where I lose all concept of time. 

Days where I'm sick of doing nothing but I have nothing to do. 

Days I want to stop myself from opening the Memories folder on my desktop. But I don't stop myself. 

I end up crying alone or worse. 

Watching Jimin glide on the ice has become a hobby, one of the healthy ones. 

He's like a swan, drifting across the ice so smoothly, it's like he's hovering. I sit on the seats, watching him fold his arms across his chest and perform a triple spin. 

When he's done, he looks up, grinning when he sees me. 

He waves at me and I smile, waving back. He practices for an hour more before the instructor thinks it's enough for the day. 

My mind is elsewhere, thinking about so many things. I glance at my violet shoelaces. 

What do other colors look like? How would this place look like if I were touching my soulmate?

I haven't met her yet. But I had met someone who I would give up my soulmate for. Unfortunately, she didn't think the same. 

However far apart my thoughts diverge, they end up converging to her. 

The woman who left me for her soulmate. 

I don't blame her. The universe is programmed to pull together soulmates. Any relationship you have with someone who isn't your soulmate will never work out. 

That's why so many people wait. 

I didn't. And I'm an idiot for that. I fell in love with a woman who I wasn't supposed to be with. I will never forgive the universe for tearing her away from me.

Changing out of his skating shoes, Jimin comes up the stairs.

"Hey," he says. 

He flops onto the seat next to me, huffing loudly. 

"Wait for a few seconds before we go get lunch," he says. 

It's not long before the front doors open again and three girls enter. 

That's the first time I saw you. 

You're wearing a violet t-shirt, everything else seems grey to me, head down as you trudge behind the two women who are walking before you. 

"She's good," Jimin says, "The girl walking in front, Sana."

"Is she participating in the Golden Closet Competition?" I ask. 

"Probably," he replies, "It's in November, so it's not finalized yet. I know her instructor. She always decides things at the last minute so I don't know."

"Who's the girl behind them?"

"Y/N, Sana's sister. She comes with them all the time."

You sit in the front seats, somberly watching the ice as Sana gets ready. I can see myself in you. 

Sana starts to skate and you watch with the blankest eyes I have seen. 

I don't know why I look at you. Maybe your violet t-shirt. It catches all my attention. 

Then you look up and your eyes meet mine.