eight

i'm so sorry i haven't posted in a while and i'm sorry this chapter is kind of long i just wrote out the whole scene 😋

———

after i'm finished draining out all the tears in my eyes onto simons shirt, i stand up finally and simon helps me up. "my mom is dead." i look at him as kate comes in and hugs me. "i'm so sorry deedee. i love you so much, okay?" she finally lets go of the hug. her hugs were always so comforting. i nod my head as she kind of smiles and slowly walks out.

"i'm not going to ask if you're okay. because i know the answer. and if you ever need anything i'm going to be here every step of the way, okay?" the way this boy looks at me makes my heart flutter. i feel so selfish. my mom is dead and all i can think about is simon. his humor, his smile, his eyes. i love that boy.

i nod, and turn on the sink to wash my face. he hugs my waist and kisses to top of my head before leaving me to wash up. i finally walk back to the living room.

"don't even ask, please. i had a moment but it's over now. now please tell me why that dead bitch tried to kill me." i look directly at josh before sitting down. "i don't know exactly why she's targeting us, but it all connects to sarah fier." he explains.

"i saw her." sam comes into the living room.

"i saw the witch"

———

we were in the ambulance. apparently we were driving back to the spot where sam saw the witch because that's a great idea!! i sat in the back next to simon. "so let me get this straight. sam saw the witch that's hunting us, so now we're going back to the place where she saw it? that sounds smart!" i say with sarcasm in my voice.

"yes, yes we are" simon wraps his hand around my shoulder, pulling me in with a smile. "you're an idiot, you know that right?" i smile back at him. "an idiot who loves you"

my eyes widen but i try not to make it obvious. did he just say he loved me? "did i just" he looks at me "yep, you did just."

"we're here!" kate got out of the front seat and got out the back of the ambulance.then sam and deena. "cmon lovebirds" deena signaled for us to come out. we walked out as josh brought us headlamps.

"i cant believe i'm wearing this" i put it around my head. "i cant believe deenas above wearing it" kate looks at her. "we're in the middle of the fucking woods and dead maniacs are after us" kate walks by her and we all follow.

sam stops at the place where she got out of the car in the car accident, and starts crawling.

"so i fell out of the car here" she kept crawling. "i was crawling, my nose was bleeding."

"and then," sam sticks her hand in the moss and we hear metal clinking. "i feel something". sam takes the metal out of the ground. "chains?" she looks at the chains in her hand, pulling more out. "not just chains" simon adds on. it's a fucking skull.

"holy shit" i gasp "oh my gosh" josh's eyes widen and we all look in fear, as the chains sam was pulling out were all attached to a skeleton. josh pulls out a lock on the chains. the marking read "fier"

"fier. it's her. it's her grave" josh reveals. "oh no, no, no. this is bad, really bad!" simon starts freaking out and i grab his hand subtly.

"no wonder the witch is pissed, i'd be pissed too. sam disturbed her grave" kate looked pissed. "now she's sending our henchmen after us." josh looks down. "henchmen?" kate asks in fear.

"as in every one of those sickos on your walks is coming after us?" i yell and now we're all freaking out. we hear twigs snapping in the forest. "what was that?" i ask, and everyone looks around. "wait, so the witch is mad because we disturbed her grave, right?" simon asks. "yeah, so?" deena responds "so let's un-disturb it." simon says like an idiot. "let's just put the bones back, re bury them, and put her to rest!"

"no that's so stupid!" i bark back. "it's genius" josh adds and we all look at him. simons eyes fill with joy, as he feels he just found the solution. "yeah, in, in poltergeist!" another twig snaps.

"ok, whatever. let's just do it quickly so we can go!" kate adds and we all get to work. josh goes on lookout in the woods and the rest of us start wrapping up her bones and burying them.

"guys! i think there's someone in the woods" josh warns. "we need to hurry!" he turns around, as simon pats sarah fires grave and whispers "we're sorry."

"did it work?" kate asks us but we look hesitant. "did it work?!" she asks josh as he jumps out of the way and the night wing killer bolts after us.

without hesitation simon grabs my hand and starts running. i hear glass breaking, but i'm in too much fear to look behind me. simon and i reach the ambulance. "CMON!" everyone runs in and is panicking. kate is already driving before the killer even gets a chance to catch up.

"that was the camp nightwing killer!" "that was a bust!" we hear from the drivers seat. "well maybe because it's not like the movies okay! it's not as easy as putting bones to rest!" deena yelled. i didn't realize until now that i was still gripping onto simons hand, but i didn't want to let go. "it should've worked. it always works!" simon yelled "maybe it's her missing hand" josh thought.

"who gives a shit? it doesn't matter! how do i not die!?" kate yelled from the drivers seat. "we! how do we not die!" simon yelled back. "and i'm looking at you! witch nerd." he pointed at josh.

"they're not coming for us!" sam yelled and all the heads turned. "they're coming for me." she ended. i feel so bad for saying it but i almost felt relieved.

"what?" deena looked worried. "i saw her again. the witch, i disturbed her grave. she's coming for me." "yeah, nightwing killer ran right by me it's like he didn't even see me." josh adds on. "guys no! ruby attacked simon and maddie! and skull mask came after us at home, and while you were babysitting!"

     the ambulance came to a sudden stop. "no, he didn't. skull mask didn't care about us. he cared about this." she unzipped simons sweater . "sam's blood" she added. "yeah, from the crash when sam puked period, it's jaws dude! a shark smelling blood! kates right, when we found skeleton he was all weird and sniffy with my shirt like a perv in a pantie shop!" "well we came to our house too." deena tried to save sam. when kate signaled to look at her shoes. sam's blood. "well what did they do in jaws?!" sam was freaking out. "i'm pretty sure they didn't go skinny dipping with the god damn bait." "she's not bait!" deena barked.

     "yes. yes she is. if they want her, let's give these assholes what they want."

———