ten

pls excuse the time jumps and stuff like that but y'all. here. we. go. the last part, and i know you guys are probably wondering what's gonna happen, so read to find out.

———

alright, this is casual. we have to kill sam and then bring her back to life so that the witch stops bringing these dead people after us. sounds easy, right?

simon explained how much of each pill sam had to take, in order to die. and then we had to use epipens to bring her back. sam just watched him explain what she had to take in order to kill her. that must be hard.

      kate sorted the pills and put it all on a plate, and gave it to sam. sam and deena sat down together, and i wandered off.

     "are you nervous?" a voice asks behind me and i jump, but it's simon. "sorry, didn't mean to scare you." he adds "no it's alright, and a little bit. what if it doesn't work?" simon grabs my hand. "shit well if it doesn't then we'll probably all die but, you know. it will work." "thanks, super reassuring!" i say with a sarcastic smile "well i'm sorry, i'm not good at this stuff. i'm not good at talking to girls especially the ones i really like. i'm not good at comforting people, i'm just me." he looks at me. "you're doing a good job." i smile and he hugs me.

     we all mark x's on our chests with sam's blood, x marks the spot. now that they killers were coming we had to work fast. i saw sam take the first couple of pills. josh simon and i started to walk to guard the place, when kate stopped josh, and kissed him. simon and i looked at each other and smiled, like proud parents. we walked over to the back of the store. "alright josh you go and check that exit, i got the stock room, maddie you stay here." simon tells us. josh hesitantly goes to the exit , and as simon walks away i stop him.

"simon, wait." he turns around, and i hug him. "don't die, okay? promise you won't die." he wraps his arms around me. "i promise." we finally let go and he kissed me, and went to the stock room. i felt knots in my stomache. i was so nervous. what if something happened to simon? or kate? or deena? or anyone? these are my best friends. i cant let anything happen to them.

suddenly, i see skull mask come in, and i try to divert attention from sam and deena "look out!" i yell, and then hide. i hear kate yell "go, go, go!" and i look over and shes flaming that bitch. kate runs and ducks behind a counter. i peek out and look to make sure everyone's ok, and i see sam and deena running. after a while of sitting, i get anxious. that's when i heard screaming.

i jumped up to see kates face get slammed into some cake. "fuck, fuck fuck!" i whisper and grab a pair of scissors from the shelf. i run over and jump on skull mask, stabbing his back. i just keep stabbing until he's on the ground. "cmon!" i run with kate as she wipes cake off of her face, and we hide behind the counter. that's when i saw what they were doing. deena was holding sam's head under water, drowning her.

i heard stuff falling and i looked out to see simon running out of the stock room. finally. except ruby was behind him. he ran my way so i had to get up and start running as well. all of a sudden, nightwing came and started running after us too. that's when everything stopped. i looked behind me and it seemed like we were running in slow motion. "SIMON!" i yell, everything still moving slowly. simon tries to look behind him when bam. nightwing slashes his stomache, causing him to fall. "NO!" i turn around and throw myself onto nightwing. then i fall to the ground, realizing he has disappeared.

"no, NO!" i put simons head in my lap. he's got to survive, he has to. he can't die on me now. "HELP! PLEASE!" i yell, tears streaming down my face. "SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!" kate runs over. "oh fuck!" her hand slaps her mouth as looks over in shock. "simon, simon! please don't leave me. it's a yes! i will go on that date with you. we're gonna have so much fun and we're gonna listen to music and it's gonna be great, okay? so you can't leave me now! i love you. and i've lost too much so i can't lose you now too" i'm getting my tears all over his sweatshirt as he looks at me one last time and smiles, shutting his eyes.

"NO! SOMEBODY CALL 911 PLEASE. HELP ME." i scream, and start hyperventilating. i can't do it anymore. i can't do this without him. i sit there hugging him, crying as kate hugs me.

———

we're at the police station. sheriff goode questions us all individually, then he gets to me. "what really happened?" he asks me, recording this conversation. "we were just in the store, and this guy in a skull mask came in, and tried to kill us. it was probably some guy on drugs." i look at him, with no emotion on my face. "and your friend simon?" he asks. "he stabbed him. there's nothing more to it." "so did he stab you as well, because you've got a cut on your neck." i touch my bandage, that was caused by ruby lane.

"i fell on some glass."

———

i walk into the big building as the lady at the front desk directs me to the room. i walk down the hallway and fix my hair, and then i'm there. i walk in the room, and i'm greeted with a big smile.

"there's my pretty girl!"