7

Y/N never got a chance to overpower the person that was in the other room. He didn't step away from the door, oh no. This one knew what he was doing. Y/N almost screamed when she saw a face looking around the door where she didn't have enough room to actually hit him with the crowbar.

She was thankful for that, however. The intruder turned out to be none other than Levi. Y/N stared at him wide-eyed and in shock for a second, before dropping the crowbar and stepping up to him to give him a hug. She was so relieved to see him alive, she didn't really care about the circumstances. But Levi stepped back and held his hands out to stop her. And that's when she finally got a good look at him. It made her breath hitch and she thought her heart might stop beating.

He was covered in blood. His hands were covered in blood, there were a few blood splatters on his face and there was barely any part of his clothes that wasn't completely stained with blood. Y/N gasped, worried that it was his own blood, but if he had lost that much blood, he wouldn't be standing anymore, would he?

"Levi, you... what... what happened?" she asked, barely getting the words out of her mouth. He looked horrific and she was afraid of what she might see on the other side of that door. Still, she wanted to know.

"I really hate how messy these things tend to get..." Levi replied with a sigh, as he looked down on himself. He glanced back up at her, his expression turning into a frown, when he saw her shocked expression.

"What are you doing here? I told you not to show up, didn't I?" he said, mustering her. Y/N shook her head.

"You said not to come here during the night. It's morning already." she told him, trying to get a look at what was behind the door. Levi noticed and closed it behind him, leaning against the door.

"So this took way longer than I expected... Y/N, I don't think you want to see this. It's probably better if you go back for a while." he answered. Y/N shook her head again. No, she needed to know what had happened. She needed to know what Levi had done. Why he looked like this. She needed answers.

"No. What the hell did you do? Whose blood is this? Let me see what happened, please. You know I'm not too bothered about blood. Just... if you're in any trouble you better tell me about it." she said. She couldn't imagine what the hell he might have done. Levi sighed again and glanced down at his shoes.

"Are you sure about that? Don't say I didn't warn you."

"I am. I'm absolutely sure, just... Just let me look into the room, alright?"

"Fine. But remember - I did warn you and I did this for you. Okay?" Levi asked. Y/N started getting more and more nervous. He did this for her? What did he do for her? What the hell was he talking about?

"Okay." she answered with an audible gulp. Levi nodded and stepped away from the door, standing behind Y/N to watch out for her. She carefully opened the door and was greeted by a well-known smell. Death.

The whole room stank of death and blood and that was the first thing Y/N noticed before she even saw anything. But once she had gotten over the overwhelming smell, she quickly saw why Levi had warned her so much - the entire room was drenched in blood. There was blood everywhere. And there was a dead body on the floor, covered with sheets. Y/N didn't need to look under the sheets to know who it was. She could tell from the rough shape of the sheets that this was her uncle.

"You... you killed him. You killed my uncle." she stated calmly. She almost felt like her voice didn't belong to her body. She had expected to feel shocked, but if she was honest with herself all she felt was relief. Endless relief. He was dead. He wasn't going to hurt her anymore.

"Yes. There was no way for you to ever live in peace and quiet with him still alive. And you were saying that you wanted him dead, so... it seemed like the logical thing to do." Levi told her. Y/N nodded, a small smile forming on her face despite the awful smell in the room. She felt bad that she didn't feel that bad about him being dead... she felt bad that she was grateful for this.

"Why didn't you want me around for it?" she asked. Levi put a hand on her shoulder, while she was still staring at the body.

"It would have been dangerous. He could have easily used you as a hostage. And I wasn't sure whether you were fully on board with this. Either way, he was on someone's hitlist and you needed him gone."

"What if I had hated you for killing him?"

"Then you would have hated me. I just didn't want to see you suffer anymore. Not for someone like this guy who doesn't deserve it."

Y/N turned back to Levi, a smile on her face. Sure, he hadn't completely killed her uncle just for her own benefit and it was maybe not such a great idea to do this without consulting with her first, but still... Y/N couldn't say that she felt awful about her uncle being dead. He had made her die a million times when he took her in as a child. She had just been a child and... Y/N pushed the thought aside. No time to think about that now.

"I'm glad you did it. I'm a little mad that you didn't tell me beforehand and that you went on your own, because that could easily have ended badly. But I'm glad he's gone." she said. It felt like a weight was falling off her chest.

"Good. Now I'm going to have to clean up this mess..." Levi mumbled, looking down at his hands in disgust.

"I can help with that. We should probably get rid of the body quickly, in case any MPs are coming by to pay us a visit today. They sometimes do and it's usually at the worst of times, so we should get this cleaned up fast." Y/N said. The smell of death and blood was completely disgusting to her, but she knew that she needed to help Levi. This could end badly if the wrong people found out.

Plus, there were so many things going through her head right now - all the new possibilities, all the new opportunities she was going to have... she needed to do something or she felt like her head might explode. She now owned this entire house, she had inherited all the books that her uncle had (which weren't too impressive, but it was a start) and she had inherited his business.

"Right. We should probably dump the body into one of the abandoned caves during the night. It'll be years until someone finds him there. And we need to clean all this blood. He did struggle a lot." Levi told her. Y/N nodded and walked up to one of the cupboards, getting out two brushes. They needed to scrub the entire room, walls, floor and ceiling. And Levi needed to take a bath. Or rather several.

"Here. Take this. I think we might have some vinegar somewhere, that should help with this... hopefully, at least. This is... this is insane... I'm going to have to have a look at all his business records soon, just so I know what I'm doing. I can expand on his business, too... Levi, there are so many possibilities." she said, as she handed him the brush. Levi nodded and got some water to start scrubbing the floor.

"One step after another. We'll get there when we get there." he told her, a small smile tucking on his lips.

"Right. Does this mean you'll take me to the surface soon?" Y/N wanted to know, remembering their conversation from the night before. He had said she'd know when the time came. Maybe this was what he meant.

"We'll need more food soon. And to get food we need to go to the surface and do some recon. Usually the clergy has a lot of food at their disposal, so that's where we'll be looking. Thought you might be interested in tagging along for the books they have." Levi replied, before getting to work on scrubbing the floor. Y/N smiled to herself. Stealing books from the clergy? That sounded like just the thing she was up for.