20

"There you are. Finally."

Those were the words that Y/N heard just before she felt an arm being slung around her neck and a hand covering her mouth. She had no idea what was going on. She wanted to scream in surprise and then in pain, as she was being dragged around a corner swiftly. Y/N didn't even have any time to figure out what was going on with her and around her or who was attacking her.

Not that it took a lot of brains to figure it out. There weren't that many people specifically after her and the ones that were most prominent would be the military police. Y/N was almost certain that she could see the emblem of the military police on one of her attackers jackets. Maybe she was just imagining things, but it sure looked a lot like their uniform and it wouldn't be surprising.

She was shoved into a house and before she could get up and look around, she heard the door being slammed shut. Y/N got up on her feet again, slowly. There was a sharp pain in her wrist which she had landed on and her knee was burning, probably bleeding, too. She turned around to see two military police officers. Of course it was them. She knew it, they were going to try and get something out of her again. And they'd fail like so many other times before.

What Y/N really hated was the smug look on their faces. Of course they could be smug like that when all they ever did was treat everyone living down here like scum. As if they didn't already have it bad enough. They were being starved by those assholes up on the surface, no one was giving a shit about them and then they decided to make life extra difficult for them on top of that. It wasn't fair.

"Look who we have here. Just the kind of girl we've been looking for." one of them said while slowly approaching her. Y/N gulped and wanted to back away instinctively, but there was nothing but walls surrounding her. And the door was blocked by the other officer. There was no point in trying to get away. She'd only look intimidated and she didn't want to give them that satisfaction.

"Really? I think you might have the wrong one, I'm not that kind of girl. You can find prostitutes in most hotels, if that's who you're looking for." Y/N replied, trying to keep a neutral tone, but she herself could hear how bitter she was. They wouldn't be happy with her tone of voice, but who cared anyway? It wasn't like they'd be happy with her either way, not until she was dead and buried.

"Not quite, although I can imagine that you're some whore, too." the officer said, stopping right in front of her and looking down into her eyes. He looked angry, Y/N could feel it. She could feel herself tensing up. She wanted to crumble into herself, shrink down and try to disappear, but that was exactly what someone like him would want and she wasn't quite ready to entertain him like that.

"I wouldn't say I am. How can I help you two gentlemen?" Y/N asked, her voice sounding more confident than she thought despite the little shakiness in it. She wasn't sure exactly how it happened, but she felt a sudden sting in her cheek and soon found herself stumbling to the floor. Her ears were ringing and she felt a numbness in the side of her face. With a gasp she opened her eyes again and sat up, looking up at the officer who was approaching her quickly. There was no point in trying to get up again, it would be so much easier if she just stayed down for now.

"You little bitch. You know exactly why we're here, don't you? But if you need me to spell it out for you, I'll be happy to do that. Maybe a little beating will help your memory, hm?" he asked, as he kicked her side. Y/N curled up on the floor and looked up at him again, trying to catch her breath so she could talk before he would hurt her again. She knew he wasn't going to wait long for her to recover.

"I don't... I don't know what you're... talking about." she muttered, coughing. She spit out some blood while she was coughing. Great... that would be a lot of work once she was trying to patch herself up.

"Oh, you don't? You wanna play games, you little slut? It's always the same with scum like you, isn't it? You just can't cooperate." he growled while he pulled her head back by her hair, before spitting in her face. Y/N hated it. She could deal with the pain and with the abuse they were hurling at her, but this was just... disgusting. She hated it. She already couldn't wait to wash herself thoroughly once this was over and once she had made it home. If she was going to make it home.

"We're missing some books. Now that might seem like a silly thing to miss, but I'm pretty sure you in particular know just how valuable some books can be. Don't you?" he asked, kicking her stomach. Y/N groaned in pain, as she curled up, trying to protect herself from the impact.

"Why would I know about any of that?" she replied, her voice sounding broken and barely louder than a whisper. The officer just laughed at her. Y/N caught a look at the other officer that was standing by the door. He seemed to be fairly young and he looked vaguely uncomfortable. Poor thing. He was probably just trying to survive somehow, too. But he really didn't have to choose the MP for that, did he? Maybe he did. What did she know about someone like him?

"Why would you know about any of that? Do I have to remind you of your parents? I wasn't there when they killed them, but I heard it wasn't pretty. I heard they had been screaming. A lot. Both of them. Your mother was a tough one to break. But I wouldn't know, I wasn't there. But maybe I'll get to break you, hm? Wouldn't that be fun?" he said, before bending down and holding her chin between his fingers. Y/N could feel her blood run cold. She thought she was going to throw up any second now.

She wasn't sure what exactly had come over her, but he was so close and she was angry and disgusted and she hated the way he was talking about her parents. This guy had no idea. He had no idea what her life was like. All he did was follow orders. And he was enjoying it. He was enjoying hurting her. Scaring her. A little sadistic pig, that's all he really was. Y/N spat into his face.

She could see him jerking back and his face twisting in disgust and for a few brief moments it gave Y/N some immense satisfaction to see him surprised by it and humiliated like that. Her lips turned upwards into a big grin and she almost chuckled a little, but the chuckle stuck in her throat when he turned around looking angrier than before. Y/N knew at that very moment that she was going to regret it. It seemed like the young officer at the door knew something bad was about to happen as well.

"Hey, man, we're not allowed to finish her yet..." he said softly, reaching out with his hand, as if he was trying to stop his partner, but then thought better of it and stepped back in front of the door that he was guarding. Y/N almost felt sorry for the poor kid, but then again he could have helped her out here.

"I know, I know. I'm not going to finish her... but I'm going to make her wish that we had killed her..." the other one muttered. Y/N's eyes widened in fear. She didn't want to show that she was this scared, but she couldn't help it. She had been dealing with incredible pain and she had been dealing with beatings before, but for some reason she was scared of this one.

She knew that he would kill her slowly and painfully if he had the chance to do so. And she knew that he would be the one that would be sent after her if the government ever decided to have her killed. Those were the last few things Y/N thought, before she felt a deafening blow to her face. There were a few more hits, but everything after that was completely blacked out.