Chapter 5

Natasha waits until everyone leaves then runs to pick the lock on the locker.
"Tony!" She gasps when he falls out the locker.

"You idiot!" She smacked his arm.
"Hey try not to hit the injured man."
"You wouldn't be injured if you hadn't have done that!" He straightened up.

"I wasn't gonna just let him touch you!"
"I can defend myself and you know that very well."
"Yeah- I know it just pisses me off you know..."
She sighs and sits next to him on the floor.
"Just... don't do anything like that again ok?"
Tony nods slowly.

She reaches for a tissue and starts to wipe his cut up lip and cuts.
"They got a lot of good blows to your chest is your arc alright?"
He shrugs and she sighs. Slowly she pulls the neck of his shirt down just enough to see the arc reactor. It had a two pretty big cracks right on the middle one was deeer than the other and the light was pretty dim.
She traced the cracks with her finger making him shiver.

"Come on we need to change it. It could go out any moment."
"It's fine Tash. We need to go to lesson"
"I can get a note from the nurse."
"...fine but she cant know about the fight just say something else."

She nods before standing up and picking him up.
Sadly he's limping so he has to lean on her.
Luckily Steve finds them and can take the weight easily with his strength.

"What happened!?" He asked and rushed to keep up with Nat on the way to the nurses.
Nat explains the fight.
"Oh."

They walk into the nurses office.
"Tony needs a quick change." The nurse dismissed them without a second look.
"W- what was that about?"
Steve looked back at the nurse so confused. They just carried in walking into another room.

"N- Nat..." Tony's hoarse voice said. The arc was flickering off she ran to slowly settle him down.
"Shh try not to take deep breaths and don't talk."

She grabs the kit that Steve was curious about so he leaned forwards to look at it.
He could tell it was an arc reactor. Howard Stark, Tony's father had one and it was all over the news especially when it blew up ( from when Tony killed obie after he tried to kill tony.)

Then the news showed was working on a new renewable energy arc to power the new Stark Tower that was being built.

"Come on Tony don't close your eyes."
She slaps his face and his eyes widen.
"Hey!" he gasps out
"Shut up." She takes his sweaty shirt off and Steve sees a mini arc reactor inside Tony's chest.
He knew about it I mean everyone does but he'd never seen it.

"That doesn't look good..." he whispers to himself. It's light was slowly flickering off.
"Shit."

She twists the arc in his chest and pulls it out. Steve sees a 3-4 inch hole!!!! Inside Tony's chest. He turned around thinking he was going to be sick at the sight.

While Steve is facing away Nat replaces the arc reactor and puts Tony's head on her lap, he's lying on the floor.
She puts one hand on his cheek caressing it and the other goes to play with his hair.
She waits until he catches his breath and calms down.

"What... the... hell!!??"
"You ok?" Tony giggles
"W- Me!? Am I ok!? Are you ok!!!???" Steve was so freaking confused.
"Yeah I'm fine."
Nat let out a relieved breath that she didn't know she had been holding in.
"Don't ever- ever do that again."

"Can I get an explanation maybe?"
"Mmmm later. After school in the dorm it's about time anyways i mean your my room mate but there are rules and stuff but for now get back to lesson."