Seeing Him for The First Time

"Wilbur, can you play with me?" A little four years old asked his brother. He had blond hair and big bright blue eyes. It looked like the sky was stuck in them.

"Sure Toms, but give me a sec ok?" The brother answered. He had brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. He was trying to cook for the third time today. Normally the oldest brother would cook but he was busy today. Which means it was his responsibility to feed Tommy.

Unfortunately he was really bad at cooking and he kept burning the food. He was about to give up and just buy some pizza.

"Where is Techi? The little blond asked.

"He took on more work today. He will come back home when you are asleep. Don't worry about that."

"But doesn't he need sleep?"

"He does but the idiot thinks we need more money." Wilbur said while mixing something more aggressively.

Then Tommy saw the smoke that had currently started to come from whatever Wilbur was trying to cook.

"Uh Wilbur?"

"I told him we'll be fine. I told him he needed to take a break, but what did he say? 'I don't need sleep, sleep is for weak.'" But Wilbur was too busy mickering about Techno. So he didn't see the smoke.

"Wilbur!"

"I swear to God, if he gets sick, or something happens to him I will not be helping."

"Wilby!"

"WHAT!?"

"The food or whatever that is burning." Wilbur looked back and saw the pan on fire.

"Not again." He picked up the pen and put it in the sink. Then immediately open the water and the window. Thankfully the smoke detector didn't activate.

"Thanks Toms." Wilbur said and sat on the floor. He was feeling exhausted but he can't take a break now. He needed to wash the dishes and do his homework.

Wilbur was going to school and looking after a four years old. He also wanted to work but his brother Techno didn't let him. He was kind of glad he was because he was not sure how he could work.

"Is father going to come and help?" Tommy asked the question that was killing Wilbur. They couldn't tell Tommy that their father was a piece of trash and probably never coming back. So they made an imaginary father that always was working hard for them.

"He is still working Tommy. I don't know when he can come back."

"Okay" Tommy said with sadness. At this point Wilbur was sure Tommy didn't believe them anymore. Last time Tommy saw him was when Techno took their guardianship. Wilbur doesn't even think Tommy remembers him because he was just two years old at the time.

It was a really stressful week for all of them. Their mother had just died in a car accident and in just a month their father decided to abandon them.

So Techno being 19 he took the responsibility. Now Techno was 21 and working full time in a factory. Wilbur was 16 and he can't understand how Techno can look after everything. He just wished he could help Techno more.

"So you gonna burn down another pan or we gonna call for pizza?" Tommy asked. Wilbur couldn't help but laugh at it.

"I am not burning everything."

"Isn't this your fourth time trying?"

"Shut up you little gremling." Wilbur catched Tommy from his shirt and caged him in his chest with his arms.