Waiting

When they were finally in the hospital, Wilbur's shirt was full of blood. Tommy was unconscious and both Techno and Wilbur were in tears.

Doctors took Tommy from Wilbur's arms and rushed him to surgery. They waited there, outside of the room, trying to calm themselves. Neither of them had the energy to speak.

Tommy was coughing blood on the whole way and in the end he passed out with the pain. Now they were pacing back and forth and waiting for any news from the doctor.

Wilbur was on his 30th tour of circling when his legs gave up and he fell down on his knees. Techno immediately came to his side wrapping an arm around him.

"It's- it's gonna be fine. Tommy is a strong kid. He'll survive, he'll be fine. He'll.. be .." Techno couldn't continue more, because he wasn't sure if Tommy was fine.

He didn't know how this happened so suddenly. He was fine a week ago, how did this happen? How could he let this happen?

"Techno.." Wilbur said with a sob.

"Yeah?"

"I am scared." Techno's eyes widened and brushed Wilbur's hair. Hugging him closely.

"Me too."
__________________

Phil was so angry at himself, but there was no time. He had to get to Tommy.

Death by his side, they both flew towards Tommy's house. She had explained what he was doing wrong.

Apparently when he healed Tommy, it was only a temporary solution since he couldn't heal it completely. When his magic was gone, Tommy's injuries would come back. And this injury was bigger than anything he could heal. There was a hole in Tommy's heart, he thought it wouldn't be a problem. Well it was, and that little hole was the reason the kid was in so much pain.

Can you think about it? Just a little hole is making their whole world upside down. Darkening it like a void.

He bit his tongue with stress, and tried to fly faster. Death saw him and stopped him.

"You are gonna rip off your wings, slow down."

"I can't, he needs me."

"Phil! Calm down. We-" She stopped and looked over to her side, and saw a crow flying towards them. At least trying to fly towards them, since they were going way  too fast for the crow.

"Hold on." She slowed down and the crow landed on her shoulder. "What's up little guy?" Her face really changed. Turning to a worried one, and a sad one.

"Thank you for telling me. Now go and rest."

"What did it say?!"

"Well Tommy is in the hospital."

"He is what!? How long were we gone? Two hours maybe."

"A week."

"A WEEK!?" Phil immediately sped up, going towards the hospital. Not even listening to Death. He had to get there. He had to get to Tommy, he had to get to his son.
___________________

An hour, an hour had passed! And not even a single doctor had told them anything. A few nurses were getting in and out, but not telling them if their little brother was safe.

Techno was trying to calm down, he was trying his best really. Unfortunately this felt like that day. The day that their mother had died.

The same stress, the same emotions. He kept having flashbacks of that day. A doctor coming out, looking at them with pity and telling them the news. The news of their mother's death, but this was not their mother.

This was Tommy, his little brother. In that same surgery room, fighting for his life. And he didn't have any choice but to wait.

"Wilbur." He said leaning over him. Looking him in the eyes. Wilbur looked at him, not saying anything.

"Sleep please, you look awful."

"Talk for yourself. You are in your pig pyjamas. I am not sleeping until I know Tommy is okay."

"Talk for myself really? I am not the one that looks like a killer with blood all over him."

"Oh right, I totally forgot about that."

"I'll wake you up if there is anything. Come on, just sleep."

"They'll come out soon anyway, Techno. They'll have to. How long can it take anyway? It's been an hour already. How can Tommy's little body take that?" Wilbur said. Putting his head on top of Techno's shoulder.

"There is nothing we can do, but wait for doctors. I just want at least one of my brothers to be safe. Please rest a bit."

"I am not tired, leave me alone."

They waited another hour and finally a doctor approached them. Techno held his breath not wanting to hear the doctor, but dying to know what he was about to say.

"He is alive." Was the first thing the doctor said. Both brothers calmed down, finely having good news about Tommy.

"But-" No please not the but, please no. "He needs a new heart. His heart has a hole in it, but we are not sure why. He is sleeping right now, and will be sleeping for a few days. If we don't find a new heart soon... He won't make it."

"Can we see him?" Techno asked.

"Yes, you can. He will be taken into room 45." And just like that the doctor left, and the brothers rushed to Tommy's room.

When they went in the room, Techno stared at Tommy for a few seconds. There were so many tubes going around him. An IV right beside it and an oxygen tube. He wanted to cry right then and there.

"Oh Tommy." Wilbur said, feeling the same emotions as Techno, and sitting next to the bed.

Techno joined him and they stayed with him the whole night. Sitting and sleeping on a hospital chair. Just like how they did it on their mother's death.

Hoping for a different outcome, hoping Tommy to survive.
_________________
1k words.

Thank you all for your patience and your comments. And also thank you for 15k. I will die from happiness now. 💞

By the way the book seems like it's coming to an end. You guys will have 1-3 chapters before the book is finished.

I will start writing another book as soon as I finish this one, not sure how long it will take for me to publish it though.

But you guys can choose it.

So we have:
a dragon au,
an alien au,
a demon and an angel au,
Superheroes au,
and a mermaid au.

Most of them has already a story line, just waiting for it to be written. I will write all of these eventually, but you guys can chooce whichever you want it first.