VIII

Remus Lupin
(Anything in this font is Remus' thoughts)

It's happening again.

It hurts again.

The full moon is bright and beautiful in the sky tonight, the same full moon that haunts me.

I don't know how long I could take it.

Each full moon I endanger innocent people just by being here.

I hate it.

I hate the possibility of me running loose and hurting innocent people.

Or worse get into the castle and hurt the people I care about, Peter, James, Sirius, Arabella. I couldn't even think of hurting them or kill them, or worse give them this terrible curse.

Sirius, Peter, and James even think of becoming animagi just to accompany me in full moons like these.

The transformation process itself is already risky what more of accompanying me.

But then it suddenly stops, like it always does, I wake up on the soft but cold surface of a bed. My body was aching everywhere, it hurt everywhere.

"Hey, Moony."
Greeted James with a sympathetic smile. Movements cautious around Remus scared of hurting him.

"How you feeling?"
Asked Sirius, his usual loud and cheerful voice replaced by a gentle one.

"Terrible. What time is it?"
He replied.

"It's 4:36 pm."
Answered James.

The Marauders had made a routine for each morning after the full moon. The boys would go to the shack with clean new clothes once the full moon was done. They would change him into better, non-shredded clothes and when they were done, James would carry Remus on his back and go back to the dorm, invisibility cloak over them. Once they found out about Remus' condition, they had suggested letting him rest in the dorms instead of the hospital wing, to less expose Remus to other students, Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall fortunately agreed.

In the corner of his eye, he noted the pop of color placed on his nightstand. As painful as it was, he looked to his left to observe the splash of color they never have in their dorm. Surprisingly it was a bouquet. A bouquet of white, purple, and pink asters. Coincidentally, just three days before, Arabella's favorite meaning of an Aster was revealed to Remus.

'Take care of yourself for me'

"She dropped by earlier. Lily let her in the common room and asked for us."
Informed James, once he noticed Remus eyeing the bouquet, the corner of his lips tugged a bit at the mention of Lily.

"She demanded to see you, but we couldn't since we know she'll ask questions about your state."
Added Sirius. Though they never mentioned a name, all of them were aware of who they were talking about.

"Did she say anything else?"
He asked, wanting to know more of her visit to the Gryffindor common room from earlier.

"When we didn't let her in. She just asked when she can see you and if we could give these to you."
Told Sirius as he sat down on his bed,
adding a gesture to the asters when he mentioned them. He couldn't help but sigh.

"Thank you, for not letting her in."
Remus groaned in gratitude and relief. Sirius and James stared at Remus as if he had just spoke in another language. Both of them were confused as to why Remus was thankful to not see Arabella.

"What's wrong? You'd always like to see your Arabella."
Asked James, no joke or tease in his tone.

"Well, I tried asking her out and-"