X

James Potter

"So, you two best friends now?"
James questioned Sirius as the Trio walked side by side to the hall.

"No, just on good ends. Watch by the end of the week we'll hate each other again. Where's Peter by the way?"
Remus took the liberty of answering,
"He's in the kitchen. Getting you comfort food to get better from that."
Sirius awed at Peter's action, but James had a gut feeling it was a lie.

"Speaking of comfort food, it seems Sirius isn't the only one who needs it."
Immediately, Remus' face turned bewildered at James' remark.
"What are you going on at, of course I don't need comfort food, Sirius was the one that got his nose broken.. by Arabella."
"Mate admit it, you wish you were in my position."
The trio bursted into amused laughter.

"But honestly Remus. What in the bloody hell was that? A conversation where you replied with two words, I tell you!" James exclaimed. Throughout the time Remus knew Arabella, never was there a conversation between the two where Remus' only reply was two words, from what he knows of.
"Well I'm sorry, you might have forgotten I asked her out on a date and she rejected me, and I said that stupid how are you true thing too!"
Both Sirius and James groaned. James didn't miss the look of Disbelief Remus' face held

"Remus, you're surrounded by men who have experienced rejection, James more than me obviously. You can ask us how to deal with it."
A gasp errupted from James, a gasp that went ignored by Sirius as he only kept his eyes on Remus
"Well then."
James paused, diverting his attention from the conversation to the moving staircase, so did Remus and Sirius. Just as the stairs stopped infront of them, they climbed up, continuing their conversation.
"Well then, how should I deal with it?"
Sirius and James answered at once, and Remus couldn't help but laugh at their advice.
"Pretend it never happened and try again untill she says yes."
"Simple, move on and get with another girl."

"That's terrible advice."
Remus commented once his laughter finished. Immediately protests erupted from the James and Sirius.
"What'ya mean?!"
Sirius exclaimed.

"Look how well we do."
James looked at Sirius, unsure. James wouldn't consider 'constantly getting rejected by the girl you've been pinning for five years' as well. And Sirius didn't have such a good history in his love life too, so he doubted that they were the best example.

"You're miserable, and you're a womanizer. And I don't wanna be any of those. I just want to.. like Arabella my way." Just as Remus finished speaking, the staircase had ceased it's movement.

"Look I'd rather keep doing what I'm doing now than be like one of you."
James had no idea the intention of those words, he had just hoped it was good.
"What's that supposed to mean?"
Thankfully, Sirius had asked the question in James' head.
"I doubt any of your recommendation would work well with me or Arabella."
All Sirius and James could do was sigh and remain silent as the three climbed the staircase towards the boy's dormitory and enter their shared dorm.

"Sirius! I'm glad your okay."
Exclaimed Peter as they entered their dorm. True to his word there was food waiting for them in their dorm. Chocolate cake, brownies, and biscuits. Seeing the food in their dorm which meant Peter completed his task, the gut feeling James had towards Peter was dismissed.

"So, how does it feel to be punched by a girl?"
Peter asked. James sat at the end of his bed, eyes focused on browsing his bag but ears focused on the conversation.
"It didn't feel any different as being punched by a boy so no difference at all, like it should." His pronunciation sounded as if something was in Sirius' mouth, he had guessed one of the treats Pete brought up. Remus and James both snorted at Sirius' reply.

"Where you going?"
James' head raised at Peter's question. James had wanted to see who exactly Peter was talking to, and much to his surprise it was Remus.
"To the library, I just need to catch up and stuff. I'll see you guys in the great hall later on."
And with that Remus left.
With a raised eyebrow, James' eyes followed Remus' retreating figure until the door covered it.
"Sirius."
"Hmm?"
"Peter."
"Yes?"
"We need to do something about Remus and Campbell."

An audible swallow was heard from Sirius before he answered,
"What are you talking about?"
James' eyes no longer stuck to the door but now to Sirius.
"This whole awkward thing is going to affect Moony, it already is but it's going to get so much worse."
"So, we interfere?"
Peter asked, earning a nod from James.
"What do we do?"
Questioned Peter again.
"That's the thing, we have to think of something that we're sure will work."

"Let's just lock them in the room and wait for laughter or kissing noises."
Suggested Sirius immediately earning sounds of distaste from James and Peter.
"No, we have to be smart about this. It'll be obvious if we ask Remus or Campbell to go into a room, they're both smart enough to understand it."
Silence engulfed the three, each one of them thinking of a way to reunite a friendship and rid the awkwardness between it.
"Whatever, just think of a way and tell us immediately. We have to do this immediately."