Ep 1. Out of the cave

Y/n's Pov

It sure was nice of that old woman to give me a pair of her son's clothes and some supplies for my journey.

I got a list of things to do, but studying and training are my top priority. That old woman said something about magic can be taught. Reading, touching magic scrolls or paper, and drawing and summoning symbols. Oh, and I can't forget, that voice in my head and Dracon said something about me taking and absorb mana from different beings.

You are to call me Malaki, and yes you can gain magical abilities by absorbing the mana from other. You'd most likely get there most well known and basically abilities.

"Hm? I thought you said you wouldn't be helping me from now on. You change your mind or something?" I asked out loud. I only received silence as a response.

"Hmm, ya stank."

"Any who, Malaki, where are we heading now? I don't really have the layout of the place." I started my walk further into the forest. It was dark but still filled with light of various colors.

You have entered an old village. It use to consist of fairies. The village was named "Gleeful" and has been around for as long as this forest has lived. Exactly four million years.

"Woah, that long huh? So where is this Village of fairies? Is it anywhere near by or what?" I waved my head around just to see if I can get the slightest hint of a village near by.

Gone

"I'm sorry what?"

Didn't you hear me? It's gone

"Yeah I heard that, but where.? What happened to it did it disappear or something? What the hell happened to it?"

Attacked by knights while their protector was gone, the fairy village, kingdom, and lands were whipped out of existence. Not even new maps acknowledge their existence anymore. They are all deemed a child's fairy tail now.

"What the hell 'd they do that for? What harm could a bunch of fairies do?"

A lot really, fairies posses immense magic power that rival humans.

"Oh I get it now. They were scared to have something that could over power them. So instead of making an alliance with the fairies they whipped them out to get rid of competition. They wanted to feel better and seen as the superior species. They were scared, insecure, selfish, and held a superiority complex. Humans will be humans."

"Power obsessed demons. No. Demons isn't the word." I placed my finger on my chin and hummed. ' What's a good word describe them? Oh I know?' "Human! If I'm gonna describe how shitty humans are as something might as well call them by their title."

"Hey Malaki, do you mind directing me to the village? I wanna check out the place."

Certainly, just walk past those trees and you'll be at your desired destination.

"Oh shoot really? Sweet." I pushed away the leaves and bushes that blocked my path. The further I went the more light shined from above. I pushed the last bush aside and was met with filled with different species of flowers and insect. Not to mention the wild berries and and small animals.

"Woah this place it beautiful." "HEY!" A loud voice boomed. "Huh?" A ball of light crashed into my nose. "Ow! What the hell?" Wait...what the hell and I saying ow for, that didn't hurt. It did it again and again and again until I trapped it in my hands.

"Quit it will ya. What are you anyways?" I peeked my eye in the small opening of my hand only to be poked in it. "Gah!?" In an instant I let go of the creature and rubbed my injured eye. "Ha! Serves you right." The ball of light taunted. "Why you little." I stepped further but was stopped.