Ep 2. New companion

"Now where the hell did she go?" Y/n grumbled to herself. "Um excuse me has anyone seen a fairy flying around here somewhere?" I tapped a man's shoulder. "A fairy? Ha! Those things don't exist their just children stories made up by crazy people. What do you believe in them yourself?" He turned bad to what he was doing while laughing.

'That's right, fairies aren't believed in anymore so I can't just ask about fairies out loud like that. Eh who cares' Y/n was tapped on her shoulder. "Excuse me."

"Hm, what is it?" Y/n turned to the stranger. He wore a brown cloak over him. 'Hmmm sketchy.' "You said something about a fairy right? I believe I saw one she wore a blue and white outfit right? And white wings?" Y/n beamed.

"Looks boys another crazy!" The table filled with men laughed. "I saw her near the cities fountain, I can take you if you'd like." The stranger offered. "Thanks you're cool dude." Y/n smirked.

"Your welcome, the fountain is in the center of the city so it'll be populated so you don't have to be suspicious of me." He informed. Y/n grabbed both of his hands and embraced them. "You're a real life saver man. I wanted to hurry up so the two of us could do a quest together. Alright we're waisting time, lead the way."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey man, you've been staring at your hands for a while, you okay?" Y/n asked. "Uh yes, I'm fine. Just thinking." Y/n hummed in response. "I've been wanting to ask, what quest are you taking?"

"Oh this, I've decided to take the place where people we're going missing and then coming back acting weird. This one gave a lot of money and my friend and I don't really have a place to stay so we need the money." Y/n explained.

"I see, I know about that place. Um excuse me if you don't mind me asking but, could I join you and your friend on this quest. I myself don't have any money and all the jobs that were paying were either impossible or didn't have enough money." The stranger looked down not wanting to make eye contact.

No words were exchanged which caught the stranger's attention. "Y-you don't have to agree if you don't wanna-" He paused in his sentence once he finally looked up.  Y/n stared at his face. "W-what? What is it?"

"Your face." Y/n pointed. "Huh?" He tried to grab his hood but couldn't seem to find it. He froze in his spot. He couldn't think straight. His mind was darting in all different directions. He was close to breaking down.

"Here we go." Y/n grabbed the ends on his hood and pulled it back over his head then patted it. "You looked uncomfortable when you found out it was off, oh and sure you can join the more the marrier. I'm y/n by the way." Y/n stuck here hand out towards him.

There was a moment of hesitation before he firmly shook her hand. "Wow your hands are rough." He quickly yanked his hand away and apologized. "It's fine." Y/n waved him off.

"I'm...I'm Kai." Y/n wrapped her arm around his shoulder and pulled him closer. "Well Kai welcome to the team." Kai couldn't stop his face from burning up nor could he stop the bubbling feeling in his stomach and his heart was beating much faster than before. It was a strange feeling that he didn't want to stop.

"Hey Kai." Y/n called to him. "Hm?" He hummed. "You said you knew something about the place were going to. Do you mind giving me more details." Kai didn't respond he was too caught up in this new feeling her was experiencing.

"Hey big guy. You listening?" Y/n asked before pulling him a little closer than before. That made it all the worse for Kai. He stumbled a bit on his feet. "You good man? You're stumbling, do you wanna sit down?" Y/n placed her free hand on his chest to stand him up straight.

That was the last straw for Kai. His legs fell weak, his heart was beating quickly, his body was going burning hot, and his stomach was fluttering. Kai collapsed to the ground hard. "AH!?" Y/n yelped in shock. "I killed him!" Y/n fell to her knees and shook him rapidly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey wake up!" Kai slowly started to feel like his old self. His legs still a little weak but stable, his heart beating like usual, and his body temperature went back to usual. His eyes started to open, his vision a little fuzzy. Once his vision came back, the first thing he saw was the face of an angel.

More or less

His body was laid on something soft. "Oh thank goodness you're okay." Y/n sighed in relief. "What happened?" Kai asked his voice barely above a whisper. "You just randomly collapsed face first into the ground. You scared me you know, I was worried." Y/n slapped his back lightly, by that time Kai had already sat up.

'Worried? For...me?' Kai nearly collapsed forward. "No not again! Wake up will ya!" Y/n shook him again which woke him up. "That's enough collapsing okay. Can you please take me to the center fountain." Y/n begged. "R-right, yes sorry." Kai stumbled a bit before finally catching his composure and started back walking.

"The fountain should be up ahead, see." Kai pointed to a silver and white fountain up ahead. "Alright then let's go." Y/n grabbed Kai's hand before running towards the fountain.

Not many people were around the area which brought both Kai and Y/n relief. The place held maybe about 5 or 6 people. At the fountain a large damp sack leaned on it and a dimly lit ball of light flew in and out of the fountain. "Adel." Y/n called out which caught the light's attention.

"There you are finally, help me rob these people of their false beliefs that if you put a gold jewel in here you'll gain a wish." In Adel's arms she held 2 gold jewels. "Adel you can't just fly off like that. I've been looking for you." Y/n spat. "But you found me didn't you." Adel went back to putting the jewels in the damp sake.

"Yeah no thanks to you. I had to get help from this sweetie right here." Y/n pointed to Kai who just stood there flustered. "Who's he?" Adel asked. "This is Kai he'll be joining us on our mission."

"A new companion, good! You can also help you guys big hands can pick up way more then I can." Before Adel could continue her jewel picking, y/n sighed and grabbed her. "That's enough for today. I'm tired and I know you're tired too. so come on." Y/n sat Adel in her pocket then grabbed the bag of Jewels.

"Come on, we got a camp outside of town." Y/n point to the forest. "We've got an extra sleeping bag so you don't have to worry. We've also got enough food for tonight and if we run out we'll just go out hunting." With that said and done y/n lead Kai to their camp sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'This is all so new to me. Being held, called sweet names, being apart of something, someone worrying about me, and not being called a monster or other horrendous names. I loved that feeling she gave me, that smile on her face, the lack of fear she held when she looked at my face. The care she possessed when she felt that I was uncomfortable without my hood on.'

'She was nice enough to let me join her mission and she her things with me.' Kai felt all giddy inside. It was nice to know that there was at least someone out there who's treat him like a person and not just a devil.