Part 5: the trail we blaze

*Play the video while you read this chapter, skip to 25 secounds!!*

You begin the trail that you blaze, you and Tulio walk together his arm around your shoulder.

Soon you leave Tulio and walk with Miguel both of you equally excited, you guys love adventure after all. You're all walking through the jungle Miguel cutting through leaves to make a path for all of you.

*time skip*

you've been walking for almost an hour now and have gotten nowhere
"can we please take a break?" Tulio asks you and Miguel.
"Yeah I need to catch my breathe as well" you respond back.
Miguel sighs "okay but just a short one, we still have a long way ahead of us". Miguel walks off continuing to cut leaves.
"how does he have this much energy?" You ask Tulio
"He's always been like that" he chuckles back.
You both just stand there awkwardly for a bit.

Eventually you and Tulio begin discussing where to go next when Miguel come back just to take Altivo and gallop away.
"Does he expect us to run after him?" You look at Tulio
"Yeah there's no way" He looks back

Before you guys even start to walk again Miguel has done a full circle and returned from the other side. Tulio walks up to him and flips his map right side up, Miguel gallops off again.

Once again Miguel does a circle but this time he throws both you and Tulio on to Altivos back, you land on top of Tulios lap and you both just awkwardly chuckle.

You start to slip so you grab onto Tulio and he holds tight so you don't fall, soon you get off of him and he turns to face the front of Altivo.

*time skip*

You come across a river and the only way to go around it is through a path that is covered in vines.

Miguel is trying to cut through all of it but it's taking a while, "screw this" says Tulio as he jumps into the river attempting to just walk through it.

"That's not the best idea, you don't know what's in there" I yell
"Yeah what she said" says Miguel
"Meh I'll be fine" replies Tulio

You and Miguel exchange a look and he continues to cut through the vines, you following him. As Tulio is walking through the river he gets attacked by a bunch of leeches.

"AGHHHH" screams Tulio.
"TULIO?!" You yell, you see what just happened and can't help but laugh.
"DONT LAUGH AT ME!" Yells Tulio
"I can't help myself!" You continue to laugh.
"I'll try to hurry up!" Miguel starts cutting faster.

Once everyone reaches the other side of the river you take a pit stop to help Tulio. Miguel continues to look around, you stay with Tulio. He takes his shirt off and you assess the damage.

"Jesus" you cringe
"Is it that bad?" Questions Tulio
"Uuuhhhh no it's not" you weakly reply.
"That doesn't sound very con-AHHHHH" Tulio screams as you rip one of the leeches off.
"WARN ME NEXT TIME!"
"Im sorry! Just stay still this time" you say and you continue to rip each of the leeches off.

Tulio continues to scream and flinch, eventually you take them all off, you start to massage his back to sooth the pain.

He turns to face you "hey it's okay you don't need to do that, thanks for taking them off me" you blush a bit "y-yeah no problem" you look away.

Miguel finally returns "am I interrupting something?" He looks at the both of you with a confused look.

You jump up "no! You're not interrupting anything!".
"Yup!" Tulio adds.
"Right...we'll let's get going we've still got a long way ahead of us" You nod and follow him, Tulio joins you.

Once again you come across a river, and again the path around is a long one. "Not this again" Tulio starts walking across some rock on the river.

"Tulio get back here, you know how well that went for you last time" you say
"Nah I'll be fine I learned my lesson" as Tulio says this a fish bites him on his butt. He runs off trying to get back on the land.

You giggle but follow after him, "what did I say?".
"Yeah yeah whatever JUST GET THIS THING OFF OF ME!!!" Screams Tulio.
"Alright alright!" You reply, you begin try to rip the fish off but Tulio just screams for you to stop. Miguel is just minding his business seeing as you have it taken care of.

"Okay then genius whats your plan" you ask Tulio.
"Kill the damn thing first so it stops biting me!" Replies Tulio.
"Okay how do I do that?"
"Just get a stick and stab it"
You go and find a random stick and stab it right through the fish, killing it and it loosens it's grip allowing you to pry its mouth open and remove it from Tulios butt.

"Phew finally!" Tulio says in relief.
"You're welcome!" You say
"Yeah yeah HEY MIGUEL I GOT DINNER!" Tulio scream grabbing the fish from you.
"Yes that's perfect Tulio!" Replies back Miguel. You roll your eyes and walk off, eventually you all make it to a pitt stop to eat.

Miguel finishes grilling the fish and brings it out to you and Tulio, "dinner is served". "Finally we can e-" an armadillo cuts you off and takes the fish running away with it.

"STUPUD ARMADILLO!!" Yells Tulio. You just sigh, seeing your food being taken away.
"Well I guess it's time we get going" Miguel says and you go off again.

*time skip*

You've all been walking for a while again, then you come to a stop with a few different directions. Tulio takes the map and points to the right.
"Let's go that way"
"Let me see" you take the map
"No let's try left that looks right" you say to Tulio
"No let's go right" he replies back
"Left"
"Right"
"Left!!" You raise your voice
Tulio just looks annoyed, "Fine! If you think your right then go on ahead!"
"Fine maybe I will!" You say
"Great!"
"Amazing!"
"Fantastic!" Tulio yells as you start to walk to the left alone.

Miguel takes a look at the map "Tulio look" he points to the map "we need to go this way".

"Shoot, don't tell me I have to go get her" Tulio groans. Miguel just gives him a look, "Fine!" Tulio starts to go to the direction you went to.

"Why is he so damn annoying! And stubborn! God he pisses me off so much!" You think in your head as you continue to walk through the jungle.

Eventually you feel someone pick you up and throw you over their shoulder.
"TULIO PUT ME DOWN!!" You demand.
"No can do" he replies, you struggle for a bit as he walks back to Miguel.
"Miguel!! Help me out here!" You yell at Miguel
"Sorry y/n, follow me Tulio" Miguel starts to walk down the path.
"TULIO I SWEAR TO GOD!" You continue to struggle and he just ignores you. Eventually you give up and just enjoy not having to walk.

Authors note:
Phew that was a long one, I hope you enjoyed this chapter 😙😏. I neglected Miguel and Altivo in this one I'll try to include them more in the next one!!