Part 11: tzekel-kan is insane!

"pardon my intrusion" you glare at the both of them "but tulio may i have a word with you?". chel quickly gets her hands off of Tulio and just smiles, Tulio realizes what going on and responds " yea sure".

He follows you and once your out of ear shot from chel tulio says "are you jealous?" he says this with a smirk

"Jealous? Ha! You wish" you respond.
"I mean you did seem pretty mad when chel was giving me a massage" he chuckles.
"You know what? I don't think this conversation is worth my time"

you start to walk off before Tulio grabs your arm and pulls you back.
"Oh cmon y/n you know I'm just messing with you, what's up?"
"Fine...do you remember what happened last night?" You ask embarrassed.
Tulio thinks for a bit before he blushes.

"Y-yea i remember...why?"
"We should talk about....us" you say.
"I agree...y/n do you-" tulio says before being interrupted.

"MY LORDS!" Tzekel-kan yells into the temple.
"Hello??" He continues before the two of you stand before him.
"Tzekel-kan what a nice surprise" you say
"Yes what brings you here?" Tulio asks.
"I-I humbelly request an audience with you my lords" he bows to both of you.

"Of course, what can we do for you?" You answer a but confused.
"My lords I have just seen lord Miguel out among the people" tzekel-kan says.
"Really?!" Tulio says annoyed.
"If I maybe do bold as to offer some advice" tzekel-kan asks, while chel in the back starts to shake her head.
"It's al-" you say before tulio cuts you off
"Alright, shoot"

"My lords you are perfect" tzekel-kan tells you both.
"Heh go on" tulio chuckles.
"Thank you" you say.

"But in your perfection, you cannot know how imperfect humans are they're like snakes" tzekel-kan starts to use his magic to creat a snake illusion, "sly, spineless, slippery they are as untrustworthy as rats, stealing with no remorse" tzekel-kan creates rats and one turns in to a pear which he eats.

You go towards tulio and hug him, he puts his arms around you in a sort of protective way.
"Spinning webs of lies like spiders!" Tzekel-kan creates webs and many spiders then crushes one in his hand.

"Stop it! That's disgusting" tulio says cringing.
Tzekel-kan makes eveything disappear
"they're beyond disgusting"
"Yea yeah way beyond" tulio says while backing up, still holding you.

"We're in agreement I'll begin the necessary preparations immediately, now do you wish to have your victims bound or do you prefer them free range" tzekel-kan says getting excited.

"Ugh" you says disgusted.
"And will you be devouring their essence while or piece by piece" tzekel-kan continues
"Tzekel you've lost me" tulio says
"My lord these people will not respect you if they do not fear you" tzekel replies.

"You are insa-" tulio cover your mouth before you can finish.
"And of course we will make them fear us..by?"
"Sacrifice! As it is prophesiesed the history of the age of the Jaguar will be written in blood" tzekel-kan says even more excited.

"Of course, but first we should console with lord Miguel this is very important stuff, I should discuss the entire blood, issue, right away excuse us won't you?" Tulio let's you go but drags you by your arm down the stairs.

"You didn't even let me get a word in!" You yell at tulio.
"That guy is crazy, it's best we don't piss him off" he scolds.
"Well we can't sacrifice someone!" You reply.
"Obviously! Let's just find Miguel right now" you continues to pull you.

*time skip*

You eventually find Miguel playing a ball game with the city people. As he's trying to get the ball he runs right into tulio.
"What.do you think.you're doing?!" He whisperyells.
"Laying low" Miguel chuckles.
"Change of plans, we have to grab what we can carry and get out of here" tulio tells Miguel
"What?why?" Miguel asks
"Because the high priest is insane!!" You reply.

"THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!" Yells tzekel-kan.
"Yeah yeah, like he said!" Tulio adds, you elbow him "ow".
"The gods should not be playing ball like this!" Tzekel-kan continues.

*time skip*

"THIS IS HOW THE GODS SHOULD PLAY BALL!" You're all in a sort of stadium looking place. Crowds of people are cheering you on.

Tulio is giving Miguel a glare,
"Well don't blame me!" Miguel says
"I blame you!" Tulio replies
"Cut it out!" You tell the both of them.

"Ugh, what is the object of this game anyway" you ask,
"You gotta knock the ball through the hoop" chel replies.
"What hoop?" Tulio asks
"That hoop" she says pointing to a 15 ft high hoop.

"That's impossible we're gonna loose!" You say worried.
"Gods don't loose" chel tells you.

The high priest snaps his fingers and a crowd of tall muscular men come out,
"My lords cheif tana bucks warriors are the finest ball players in the city 15, mere mortals against 2 gods" tzekel-kan says showing you all the warriors.

The three of you gulp and you chuckle nervously at the sight of them.
"I realize this is a bit uneven but I hope they challenge you enough to make the game interesting" tzekel-kan says to all of you with a grin.

"PLAY BALL" tzekel-kan places the ball on the ground "crush them into the dust and enjoy" he says to you quietly.

The ground starts to shake and the warriors begin to run towards you three.
"We're toast" you say as you three stand there not knowing what to do.

Authors note:
Yes