Chapter 12

[ H y u n j i n ]
[ F r i d a y , 2 n d S e p t e m b e r ]

Jeongin, Seungmin and Hyunjin were sitting outside at a table. It was lunch break and many younger students were already on their way home. It was accordingly quiet and nice to sit outside. On other days they would've been desperately searching for a free table.

"Ugh social studies is so hard", Jeongin groaned, a lot of material placed in front of him. "Can I help you?", Seungmin asked and scooted closer to Jeongin. The youngest nodded, obviously being tired because of the high stress he was facing.

It was Jeongin's first out of three senior years and one could see the weigh on his shoulders. It hurt to see the younger in this state, but he also knew that he couldn't really help him. The only option for Jeongin was to drop out, if he couldn't handle the stress, but Hyunjin knew that the blue haired wouldn't do that. His ego was way too big for that. Hyunjin knew that Jeongin out of all people would do it. Possibly as the best.

"If there's anything I can do, let me know", Hyunjin offered his help, despite him being extremely bad in social studies. Only Seungmin was the one out of the three that was actually good in those subjects.

"Hey, can I sit with you? There's no one else I know here", Hyunjin heard a voice behind them. When he turned to see who it was, he saw Changbin. "Sure", he said and gestured towards the free seat next to him. The other sat down and greeted the other two briefly, who were still busy with Jeongin's homework.

"They're doing a Social Study assignment", Hyunjin explained and Changbin nodded understanding. "Isn't Jeongin a grade under y'all?", he asked and Seungmin nodded. "Yeah, that's why I'm helping him." Changbin once again nodded.

There was a moment of somewhat awkward silence. Jeongin wrote something down, while Seungmin scanned the text the younger was writing. Hyunjin himself was focused on his food and Changbin just kind of sat there.

Then Jeongin fell back into his chair. "Done", he exclaimed happily. Seungmin nodded. "It's good, if the teachers say otherwise I personally will come and lecture them." "Oh I want to see that. Innie, if he does please tell me." "Of course Hyunjin hyung. On one condition though." "Hm?" "You buy the popcorn hyung." "Oh you think it's that easy, do you? Robbing your poor hyung. That should be a crime." "Good that it's not", Jeongin smiled, knowing that he had won.

Hyunjin just couldn't say no to Jeongin and he low-key hated that. The countless times Hyunjin had to buy the younger something just because he couldn't say no. It were definitely way too many, but he knew nothing would change. Jeongin had too much power over him.

"Oh guys I have a funny story", Seungmin suddenly exclaimed. "It's totally unrelated, but my English teacher got triggered today. They just stood there for like five minutes and stared into nothing. At first we got a bit worried, because they didn't look like they were triggered, but after some time of them not reacting at all it was pretty clear. It's just so weird seeing adults getting triggered", he said. The listeners nodded. "Who's your teacher?", Changbin asked. "It was teacher Kang." "Oh they're my teacher too. They get triggered a lot for an adult", the older told them. "Oh it was my time witnessing. That's gonna be an interesting year then", Seungmin replied surprised.

There was another moment of silence and Hyunjin's mind slid back to theme of triggers. He still hadn't told Jeongin and Seungmin that he got his first ones. There never had been the right time. He might just tell them now.

"So uhm about triggers... I got my first one about two weeks ago", Hyunjin finally admitted. Both Seungmin and Jeongin looked at him in shock. "AND YOU DIDN'T TELL US HYUNG?', Seungmin shouted and proceeded to hit Hyunjin's arm. "Ow, I'm sorry, there was never the right time to-" "Yeah because there is a specific time in which you're allowed to talk about triggers. That's bullshit hyung. Anyway, what kind of trigger did you get hyung? And did you get more hyung?", Jeongin asked and Hyunjin nodded. "Yeah, it must be about four now. The first one was in dance class and I saw a vision of a boy crying. I think I also said something, but I can't remember properly. The second one was the weekend after and it was a smell. Don't know how to describe it to you. The third one was on Sunday after I met with Jisung and it was something connected to flowers. The fourth one was Wednesday and I again smelled something. I think it was cheesecake", Hyunjin summed his experience up.

He perhaps left out some features about his visions. He just didn't want his friends to know how bad the relationship between him and his soulmate would be. It was embarrassing enough for himself.

Seungmin shook his head. "Hyung you have to have a diary to write down such things. That's important. Oh by the way Binnie hyung did you already get your weekly trigger?", he just moved on.

Changbin seemed to snap out of a daydream, when Seungmin called his name. Oh what a nice listener, Hyunjin thought to himself.

"Uhm yeah, I got it in English earlier and was gone for like ten minutes. It was really embarrassing", Changbin said, a bitterness in his voice, showing his thoughts on the whole situation. Seungmin pouted. It was obvious that he was honestly worried about the oldest.

There was this weird tension between Seungmin and Changbin and Hyunjin certainly did not enjoy it. So he just started to talk: "How do you guys know each other so well? We hung out once." "We texted", was the short answer by Changbin underlined by a nod from Seungmin. "Oh that's actually a good idea. We should make a group chat. You could join us more often Changbin hyung!", Jeongin joined the conversation once again, which was now leading away from the weird tension. "That's a great idea Innie!", Hyunjin exclaimed and grabbed his phone. "Let's add the others as well. We could make another plan for a hang out." Jeongin nodded not even trying to hide his excitement. He really seemed to like being around the older guys.

Just before Hyunjin could put their plan into effect the bell rang, reminding all of them that they still had to go through one last lesson.

"I'll create the group chat later", Hyunjin promised and the others nodded. "See you around", Changbin was the first one to leave. "Yeah bye guys", then Hyunjin got ready and waved a goodbye to his friends.

He had to go through one last lesson this week, then he was finally free to go into the weekend. He couldn't wait to get home and just relax. School was exhausting.