Chapter 22

[ H y u n j i n ]
[ F r i d a y , 2 1 s t O c t o b e r ]

"YES! I win again!" "Noooo 11th place. Man I hate Mario Cart." "To be fair you're really bad at this hyung. How do you keep on driving into the bananas hyung?" "They're so small! How do you guys see them?" "Uh we open our eyes?"

Hyunjin sat on a mattress, cuddled up in a blanket in Seungmin's room. They were on their -well deserved if you asked Hyunjin- autumn break and had decided to spend the weekend together. He had just lost the 19th round of Mario Cart in a row. Jeongin and Seungmin sat on Seungmin's bed behind him. Jeongin kept on placing first, while Seungmin's scores differed.

"I give up", Hyunjin decided and threw the controller on the bed. "Aww but this is actually kinda fun", Jeongin pouted. "Yeah for you because you win all the time", Hyunjin turned around to face the two younger boys. "You just dislike this game because you keep on loosing", Jeongin argued. "Maybe. You can play alone now. I don't wanna play anymore", Hyunjin turned back around and crossed his arms. "Drama llama", Seungmin, who'd stayed silent until now, mocked. "HEY!" "What? It fits", Seungmin shrugged. "Now let's play another round Innie."

The other two boys played another few rounds and Hyunjin watched. After some time they decided -to Hyunjin's relief- to stop.

"Well, what do we do now?", Seungmin asked after he'd turned off the TV and Hyunjin had turned around to face them. "Hyunjinnie hyung, how's it going with Jisung hyung?", Jeongin asked, excitement displayed on his face. "Good I guess? We haven't seen each other that much because of the exams, but last time we did he kissed me on the cheek." Hyunjin's cheeks heated up just by the thought of the younger's lips on his cheek. "To keep it short, I'm confused." "Aww that's so cute", Jeongin admired. "Hyunjin hyung acts like the biggest idiot whenever he's around Jisung. That's honestly so funny", Seungmin added. "Man, I've never seen that", Jeongin pouted. "Well you don't hang out with us anymore", Hyunjin shrugged. "That's not true. Small breaks just don't have enough time to search for you. We do hang out in the lunch breaks", Jeongin defended himself. "Chill, it was a joke", Hyunjin reassured.

"Speaking of soulmates", Seungmin suddenly spoke up, "Changbin hyung said that he thinks that we're soulmates." "WHAT?" "Did he give any proof whatsoever?" "No, nothing at all. He just said it like that and then kinda left. It was just very weird. Didn't talk to him ever since", Seungmin gave more details. "Well, you should talk", Hyunjin advised. "Gee thanks hyung, I'd never think of that. What would I do without you?" "Probably nothing."

"Now that I think about this... You both probably know your soulmates now. I don't. Don't you dare leaving me alone", Jeongin said while pointing his finger at his two friends daringly. "You two were the ones who left me alone Wednesday so I feel like I should be the one saying that", Seungmin jumped in. Jeongin rolled his eyes. "You know what I mean hyung." "No", Seungmin played dumb. "Well I can't help you then hyung", Jeongin shrugged.

Now it was Seungmin's turn to roll his eyes at the younger. "Where were you anyways?", he continued to switch the theme. "I mean I could figure that Hyunjin hyung went to be with Jisung when Felix showed up, but you didn't even show Innie." "Oh I wanna know that too, you haven't been joining us lately. Not tryna say that it's boring only with Min, but that's exactly what I mean", Hyunjin joined the conversation. "HEY", Seungmin hit Hyunjin on the arm. "I might as well reconsider our friendship and then you'll be the one staying alone." "You wouldn't. You enjoy making fun of me way too much."

The following silence was enough for Hyunjin to know that Seungmin was out of arguments. With a winning smile he turned back to Jeongin, who'd been staring onto his hands in his lap. "Now back to you", Hyunjin said directed to the smaller. "Where were you?" "Uhm, I maybe have gotten friends with Minho hyung?", Jeongin replied silently, gaze still focused on his hands. "WHAT?", Hyunjin and Seungmin blurted out almost at the same time. "When? How? Where? Why didn't you-", Seungmin's wave of questions was interrupted by a phone ringing.