Chapter 17

[ J i s u n g ]
[ T u e s d a y ,  2 0 t h  S e p t e m b e r ]

Jisung couldn't concentrate on his work. Exams were about to start and he had tons of homework, but of course his brain didn't work the way he wanted it to. Instead it thought of various ways how to tell his best friends about Hyunjin.

Jisung hadn't had the confidence to talk to Felix and Minho about Hyunjin being his soulmate yet. Well, that wasn't 100% correct. He did tell Minho about two weeks ago, but that didn't go well. It had made Jisung even more afraid to say something. At first it was easy to ignore since Hyunjin and him hadn't talked, but as time went by it got harder and harder not to talk about it. That's why his mind had started making up random scenarios in which he'd told them. Most of them did not end well. It was weird. Jisung knew that Felix wouldn't judge him, but Minho's attitude scared him. It made him reflect the same behaviour onto Felix.

Minho seemed to notice Jisung's uneasiness. He gave Jisung worried glances from time to time.

Eventually Jisung gave up. He put his pen back into his pencil case and closed his book. This wouldn't lead to anything.

"WHAT? How did you finish so fast?", Felix next to him pouted. Then his expression lit up. "Can I have your notes in Bio?" "I'm not done. Can't concentrate", Jisung explained and Felix's smile turned into a pout again. "Sorry", Jisung grimaced. "Ah don't worry, it's fine", Felix said and patted his shoulder.

The blonde then turned back to his book, but suddenly stopped. "What?", Felix asked towards Minho. The older had been silently observing. "You really are blind. You should ask Jisung that. There's clearly something bothering him", he then spoke up. "Ji, is that correct?", Felix asked directed towards Jisung. "Uh I mean kinda?" "WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO?", Felix exclaimed and threw himself onto Jisung to hug him. "It's nothing big, could've told you later." "Spit it out already. I can't stand you like this", Minho said a bit demanding. In the mean time Felix had let go of his entire body and now was only hugging Jisung's arm. "Okay okay", Jisung sighed and fear started building itself up once again. "I- I kind of found out who my soulmate is." "WHAT?" Felix was now pulling on his arm hysterically. "Oh not this again." "MINHO HYUNG THAT'S SO RUDE. JI WHO IS IT? OH MY GOD WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US EARLIER?"

Even though his arm kind of hurt from all the pulling, Jisung found himself smiling again. There had been no reason to be scared. He just had to ignore Minho's mean comments. Jisung knew that Minho loved him and that he only wanted the best for him. He just showed it differently.

"It's Hyunjin-" "OH MY GOD", Felix screeched excited. "Chill Lix, we're gonna get kicked out if you continue like this", Minho made an attempt to calm Felix down. "So what? That's so cool", the blonde smiled, for the first time he wasn't shouting. "Now, why didn't you tell us? How long did you know?", he then continued to ask Jisung again. "Two and a half weeks", Felix's eyes widened, but he stayed silent, "and I didn't tell you because I was kinda scared. I did tell Min hyung the day after I found out, but he didn't want to listen to me so I got scared that I was doing something wrong." "Hey don't drag me into this!", Minho exclaimed. "I was just saying the truth! Your opinion on this is so bad. It made me intimidated", Jisung defended himself. "You're my friend since forever. You should know that that's not my intention. I just think that we'd be better off without it."

Yes, Jisung did know that. He'd just assumed that Minho would act different when it came to Jisung. It had always been that way. Minho hated Jisung's triggers the most, but not because they were triggers. He hated them because of the effect they had on Jisung. When he first started getting them around three years ago, Minho had spent countless nights at Jisung's place to take care and comfort him whenever he needed it. In school he had sometimes skipped classes to be with Jisung. Whenever Jisung passed out and Minho wasn't around, the older would somehow find out -mostly because of Felix- and immediately come to take care of Jisung. Naturally Jisung had assumed that Minho would make an exception when it came to his soulmate. Finding your soulmate meant less triggers and not as extreme reactions. That was basically what Minho had wished to happen all these years. There even had been a time in which the three of them had tried to find Jisung's soulmate. It just would've made sense, if Minho had been excited for him. But no, of course it couldn't be that easy.

"We?", Felix jumped in. "Minho hyung you didn't get triggered so far. You have no experience." For a bare second Minho's expression displayed panic. "Yeah that's not what I meant. Besides that you both know that I'd get them eventually." "So you're saying that you've been triggered before hyung?", Felix asked. "NO. No, that's not what I meant!" "You're a liar hyung", Jisung said determined. "What makes you think that?", Minho crossed his arms. He seemed to get a bit angry. "As you said, I know you since forever hyung. You can't lie to me. When did you start getting them hyung?" Minho groaned. "Two months ago I think? Can you leave me alone now?" "That long and you didn't even think about telling us hyung? Sometimes I doubt that we're your best friends", Felix said, seemingly upset. "You are and you know that Lix. You also know how I think about this topic. I just didn't want to bother you with something I'd only complain about." Felix didn't seem to like that answer. "But you know that we'd listen to you nonetheless. Even if you didn't want to talk about it, you could've at least said something." "I don't have to tell you anything Lix. This is ridiculous." Minho started packing up his things. "Wait Min hyung, we don't have to talk about this", Jisung tried to save the situation. "No, I can't stand you guys right now", Minho said angrily and grabbed his backpack only to walk off, leaving a confused Jisung and Felix behind.

"Well, that went well", Jisung tried to lighten up the mood. "Shouldn't we follow him?", Felix ignored Jisung's statement. "Nope, don't do that. It'd make things worse." "We're horrible friends", Felix cried and Jisung hugged him. "No, we're not. It's Minho hyung we're talking about. He's complicated."

They stayed like that for the rest of their free hour. The work they had to do was long forgotten.