Chapter Eleven- Deal

(Y/n) walked down the hallways of the school, which had mostly been deserted since students were either outside, at some kind of practice, or in a classroom studying.

  The girl grabbed the ear buds that she almost always had hanging around her neck, and put one in each of ears. She pressed play, allowing the loud music to blare into her eardrums as she walked.

  (Y/n) listened to music as often as she could. When she was in elementary school, (Y/n) dreamed about being a musician. She took piano and guitar lessons and was a part of her school's band.

However, once volleyball became a growing passion of hers, (Y/n) found less time to play her instruments, most of them collecting dust in the girl's closet or in the storage unit under the stairs of her house.

The girl thought about going back to music after her injury but she was pretty much roped into coaching the boys the moment she stopped playing for her own team.

It's not like (Y/n) minded though. She enjoyed coaching and always took time to admire other musicians and artists.

Pretty much whenever she didn't have to pay attention to someone or something, she put her headphones in and pressed shuffle.

Rounding the corner, (Y/n) spotted Daichi at the end of the hallway. She ripped her headphones out of her ears and hung them back around her neck.

As she picked up her pace, (Y/n) noticed that Daichi wasn't alone. He was talking to a girl with short brown hair, and (Y/n) recognized her immediately as Michimiya, Yui, third year and captain of the girl's volleyball team.

(Y/n) and Michimiya had played on the same volleyball team since junior high, they practiced together, usually convincing Daichi to practice with them as well.

  The girl smirked slightly. She could see Daichi's blush from a mile away. 'What's this?' She thought to herself, picking up her pace.

"Hey guys!" (Y/n) exclaimed. Daichi and Michimiya both turned to face the girl, the two of them smiling. "Hi (Y/n)!" Daichi and Michimiya replied in unison, the two of them laughing awkwardly.

  "I've been looking for you everywhere Daichi. Suga, Tanaka, and I bought snacks for lunch and we're going outside. You in?" The girl asked, slightly leaning against the boy.

  "Yeah that sounds good. Michimiya just caught me on my way to find you guys!" He said, scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

  Michimiya's eyes widened. "Sorry Daichi! I didn't mean to keep you from your friends!" The girl cried covering her face that had turned a shade of bright pink.

  (Y/n) and Daichi waved her hands in front of Michimiya's face. "No no it's okay!" They exclaimed in unison. "It was really nice to talk to you actually so, it's okay!" Daichi said, a bright red dusting his face, something only (Y/n) noticed.

  "Do you want to come with us Michimiya?" (Y/n) asked. She hadn't talked to her fellow third year teammate, and thought it would be nice to catch up with her like Daichi did.

  Michimiya had taken her hands away from her face, though her face was still a little pink. "I wish I could (Y/n), but I have practice in..." The girl paused to look at her watch. "FIVE MINUTES!!"

  Horrified, Michimiya exclaimed, "Sorry guys! I gotta go! We can catch up later!" And with that, Michimiya was speeding down the hallway.

(Y/n) and Daichi both stood there awkwardly, stunned by how quickly the conversation had ended. "Sooo, lunch?" Daichi said, filling the silence.

"Hell yeah!" (Y/n) exclaimed. They started walking down the hallway together side by side. A weird feeling hung in the air around them that (Y/n) could only describe as awkwardness.

  "So how long have you liked Michimiya?" (Y/n) asked, causing Daichi to stop in his tracks. The girl stopped too and laughed at the boy's shocked expression. "Dude! I'm you're best friend, I noticed right away!"

  Daichi then hung his head in defeat. "Okay and so what if I do? Do you think anything will even happen?" He asked, making (Y/n)'s laughter stop abruptly.

  The girl sighed. "Walk with me Daichi." She said, motioning to her side. They began walking, (Y/n) putting her hand on Daichi's shoulder.

  "As you may know, I'm an expert when it comes to love." (Y/n) began, making Daichi deadpan. "You've never even been in a relationship.." He mumbled resulting in a smack from (Y/n).

  "I was married in kindergarten asshole. You don't know shit." (Y/n) said with a humph. Daichi laughed. "Right. I forgot that story. My apologies (Y/n). Proceed."

(Y/n) cleared her throat. "As I was saying, your experience with love compared to mine is kind of, how do i put this lightly, nonexistent?" Daichi rolled his eyes at his best friend. "Is this going somewhere? Or did you just want an excuse to make fun of my love life?"

  "Yes, and yes, but you're being impatient my friend." (Y/n) said. She walked ahead of Daichi, turned around, walking backwards so the two of them were face to face.

  "I'd like to make a proposal Daichi. I'll give you advice, information, and advice on how to confess to Michimiya. Kind of like... a wingwoman." (Y/n) declared, talking with her hands the entire time.

  Daichi stood still for a second, before bursting into a fit of laughter. "WINGWOMAN? THAT'S THE BEST NAME YOU COULD THINK TO GIVE YOURSELF?" He cried, grabbing his stomach.

  (Y/n) threw her arms up. "You got a better name dumbass? Do you want my help or not?" She asked. Daichi stopped laughing and raised an eyebrow. "What's in it for you?" He replied with a question.

  "I want to play-" (Y/n) began, but Daichi cut her off. "Nope. I'm not letting you injure yourself just so i can get a date." Daichi, crossed his arms and stood up straight, trying to seem taller.

  "COME ON!" (Y/n) exclaimed, walking faster down the hallway and turning a corner, Daichi filling close behind. "It would only be one game, my shoulder is doing fine...ish, and with enough luck it'll be more than one date!"

(Y/n) slowed down, letting Daichi fall into the same stride as her. "Fine." He said, "You can play ONE game with the team if you can help me get with Michimiya."

By now, the two third years had made it outside, and could see Tanaka and Suga sitting under a big tree on top of a small hill. "It's a deal." She said, turning to Daichi and presenting her hand for him to shake.

  He gripped her hand firmly and gave it a hard shake before letting go. "Lunch ends in like 15 minutes, we should probably head over to those two before they eat all the food." Daichi said, (Y/n) nodded in agreement.

  They started jogging slightly towards the tree. "By the way," (Y/n) said, "You suck at flirting." And with that she was ascending the hill, Daichi yelling after her as she laughed.

———————————————————————————

  HI-

  HOW THE FUCK DOES MCDONALDS RUN OUT OF MANGO SMOOTHIES- i went there the other day and they said "sorry we're out of mango smoothies" 😃❓HOW- I GET IT IF YOU RAN OUT OF YOGHURT BUT I ENDED UP WITH A STRAWBERRY ONE- it's not as good, kind sad about it.

  Thanks for letting me rant y'all, i just love smoothies so much 🤧