Chapter 2-The Mad Scientist with a Problem

Levi's pov~ (before Levi called the reader)

"UGH! Bro why do I have to go get a dumb book?" Isabel shouted this at me through the phone; whining at me since I'm making her go get a book.

"You need to read more idiot. Besides reading is good for you." I put my phone on speaker and place it on the kitchen table as I say this.

"Hey! I'm not an idiot! Besides why can't you just get the book for me?" Again she whines through the phone as I sit in a chair that I pulled out from the table. I pull my black laptop closer to me and scoot closer to the table.

"You need to go get it, that's why I can't get it. Stop complaining and just go get the book." I respond harshly as I open up my laptop and type in my password. I hear Isabel grunt over the phone just as I click on my email. 'Fifty new messages from shitty glasses..perfect.' I click on the most recent message from Hanji and begin to read the long, lengthy email.

"Fine I'll go get a stupid book..but that means you actually have to be at the party tonight." I suck my teeth at the mention of the party Isabel was having at our place today. Ever sense I agreed to let her be my roommate she wants to throw parties every five minutes.

"Fine, I'll stay this time.." I put my elbows on the table as I delete the pointless messages of Hanji. 'Why doesn't she just text me this shit?' I think this to myself and I keep deleting the countless messages.

"By stay I mean you have to actually talk at the party and have a conversation...now that I think about it all you and Farlan do is go into your rooms and shut me out!" It's true; whenever Isabel throws these 'parties', me and Farlan either ditch or go to our rooms and shut everyone out. "Besides there might be some quiet girls there!" I let out a sigh and tell her, "Okay" and I hang up the phone. I rub my eyes and continue to look through the emails Hanji sent. I don't bother reading them since most of them are about her experiments n' shit. I start to delete them until I stumble across the one that says 'The girl from the cafe' this instantly peaks my interest and I click on it. I begin to read the long message about the girl that's been giving me black tea, for about a week now.

Dear, shorty

Remember that girl from the cafe? You know the one you were going all 'gaga' for. Well I talked to her yesterday and boy is she a looker! Once I was up close to her I can clearly see why you couldn't take your eyes off her! She also has that look in her eyes, saying that she seeks knowledge! I mean she listen to me ramble on about my experiment and not once did she say stop.

Oh also she thought me and you were a THING! Can you believe that? She's got jokes. but don't worry I set it straight that we were only friends. I learned that she's a single pringle too!

You've got a chance Levi..don't blow it!

Hanji Zoe.

For some reason when I read the part saying that she didn't have a boyfriend, made me feel better some how. I can't believe that she thought that I was with shitty glasses; I guess it's good Hanji straightened that up. 'Wait why do I care if she thought I was in a relationship with Hanji or not?' I think this to myself as I turn off my laptop and stand up. I walk over to the door of the apartment and grab my shoes and put them on. Grabbing my keys, I finish tying my shoes and leave my apartment to go to the cafe.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I hop off my bike after I park it next to the curb of the sidewalk. Before I enter the cafe, I take a glance through the window to see if the brat is even there. I don't see her but she might be in the back of the cafe so I enter anyways. Once I enter the small cafe, the aroma of tea and coffee fill my lungs. I look around the cafe to see if she is cleaning off a table or sweeping the dirty ass floors; but she is no where to be seen. I look at the counter to see the young brunette girl wiping it down. 'Tch she should know where that girl is.' As I think this I begin to walk up to the counter