Growing up while shielded from the world...

Creation date: 5/8/2021

Growing up while shielded from the world is having the symptoms of being suicidal yet always repressing because "it just comes with the title. Feeling like you're just being dramatic when they tell you "Come on, stop crying, no one's dying"

Feeling entitled to the world while being tired from homework to survive while you're scared to be outside because the people that are, you've been taught they're bad, knowing it doesn't apply to them all.

Growing up while shielded from the world feels like finding out that the world isn't as small as you thought. Finding out that the things you thought where unique from where you're from, is old news to the others you get to know.

It feels like showing your father what you just did, while he tells you that he expected more from the kid he raised to be like him. It feels like showing your mother the thing that you just found out about and having her tell you "I knew all this, is nothing for you to feel proud"

It feels like finally knowing what the things you feel mean and have people tell you "No no, you are just confused" or "It's just a phase" while you are pretty sure that you are gay for your best friend.

It feels like you are the only one going through what I've mentioned before, even though there's plenty more who are feeling the same around the whole world.

And when you find a person that understands you the most, you feel like you're halves of a whole. It feels like you two are two different but similar sides to a story that's being told.

A story of a girl who was deemed to be the villain, the witch to turn the princess into a lizard. While the other is the princess who is desperate to find said witch, to finally be able to adopt a little cat black as midnight and call it mist.

It then feels like you are feeling better, your wounds are closing and and your life is golden. But then you don't know how to manage it and end up losing what you've fought so much to be holding.

~Word count: 377~