Funeral

Bruce and Dick waited for the youngest bay to wake up as he laid in his new accommodations in the Batcave. Dick held back tears as he waited for Damian to wake up. Soon the boy awakes from his slumber and looked around the cave. "Hey, chum." Bruce smiled softly. Damian groaned as he pushed himself upright. "Woah there be careful. You were tortured for a long time, Damian." Dick reminded. "Yeah until Shivani came." Damian hissed. "Speaking of which where is she?" Damian asked. Bruce and Dick gave each other glances as if subconsciously they could speak. "She left already didn't she? God I was right she never cared about me, she was just using me." Damian snarled. "No Damian you don't understand," Dick said with tears begging to fall. "What don't I understand?" The eyes preteen ranted. "I don't understand how a sister can be so careless!" He added. "Damian she's DEAD," Dick shouted. Damian paused and stared at his brother. Tears began to collect in his eyes. "What?" He questioned as his voice cracked. Dick sucked in his breath and rubbed his chin. "She's dead Damian," Dick replied. "How?" He asked as he lowered his head. Bruce stepped forward and put his hands together. "She loved you dearly Damian and when you went missing. She came to the cave and helped us track you down for over a month. She was the one who pulled in the strings to locate you and..well she and Deathstroke got into a conflict. At the end of the fight, Slade threw you off a cliff and she dived after you. In the fall she shielded you from the drop and made sure you didn't die. She cared and loved you so so much that she was willing to do anything to make sure you lived." Bruce proclaimed. Tears began to pour down the young boy's cheeks as he stared down at his bedsheets. "So she is really gone?" Damian asked tearfully. Dick rushed forward and wrapped his arms around Damian's body just as the boy broke down. "I am so sorry Damian. We should have tried to save her, but she was dead upon impact." Bruce explained. Damian released a gasp as he heard the words of his father which confirmed his sister's demise.

Three days later
Damian sat in a wheelchair as he listened to Lady Shiva give a speech about Shivani life. However, for the bat family including Talia, it all seemed like a horrible dream. "Now speaking for us is Jason Todd, Shivani's apprentice." Shiva nodded as she stepped off the podium. Jason walked up to the stage and cleared his throat. "Shivani was a very unique person. She wasn't absolute evil, but she also wasn't an absolute good. Shivani was able to be one of the only forms of neutrality in the world. She was kind to those who needed it the most and she was harsh on those who deserved it. As a master, she was strict but soft at the same time. She..she reminded me of a mother. A mother that I had never been given until the league. When I first came to the league, I was confused, lost, and alone. Shivani added some light to my dark path. She was there for me on my darkest days and whenever I needed her. Shivani was a wrong and powerful warrior, but she was also a kind and empathetic master. Goodbye Shivani Al Ghul Wayne and may your spirit find the peace you deserve. " Jason announced with tears streaming down his cheeks. The group of assassins, batfamily, and three-justice league heroes lifted the candles in their hands to the sky and watched as the casket was lowered into the ground. The crowd opened their umbrellas as the sky released precipitation.

Nightwing's pov Four months later
I jumped rooftop to rooftop and continued running through Bludhaven. Ever since her death, I had moved out of the manor. There were too many reminders of her there and every time I saw one. I would burst into tears, now I was in a new city and new apartment. As I flew through the air, the feeling of being followed suddenly crept on me. I paused and stared into the darkness and spotted a figure. "Talia I know you are there," I shouted at the figure. Suddenly the deadly lady leaped down from her perch and in front of me. "Hello, Grayson." She greeted. "What do you want Talia? Why are you following me?" I snapped. Talia straightened herself and gave me an emotionless look. "While Shivani was with you, she called me many times." Talia began. "She spoke very highly of you, she spoke of every feature on your face, everybody structure you have, and how you made her feel. You were very very important to her and she would have wanted you to have this." Lady Talia professed as she pulled out an object. I looked at the object and took in a deep, shaking breath. The object was one of Shivani's red hilted katana's. The blade glistened in the moonlight as she handed it to me. My eyes glistened with tears as I stared at my reflection in the blade. I could almost see Shivani's smile in the blade as I stared into it. "I miss her. I miss her so much." I confessed. Talia gave me a sad glance and tilted her head. I whipped my eyes and looked back up at the silent lady. "So what did you come to find me for?" I asked. "Well, I need your help...I have tried to taking care of it myself, but it has become clear that only you can handle it." Talia nodded. "Handle what exactly?" I interrogated. Talia sighed and gave me a pleading look. "I need help with Shivani."