|{4}|

"I should... probably get home now."

"No."

"Huh?" Techno went red. That was meant to be an internal thought, not a statement.

"It's uh- I- um- it's way too dark out. You'll get- you'll get mobbed by zombies and skeletons." He recovered as best as he could. Which wasn't well but it was something.

"I'm literally-"

"No but's" Techno interrupted him, coming to terms with his sudden wave of confidence.

Helios snorted a laugh. "Fine. Is there a guest room nearby I could stay in?"

There was but Techno didn't want him to leave. "No there isn't."

"Are you-"

'Yes." Too soon, too soon, damn it damn, it damn it.

"....Ok then." Oh, thank the gods. "I'll sleep on the couch, you got any spare blankets?" NO NO NO! Not the couch! This man. Techno was about ready to just shout his feelings in Helios's face.

"Um no, I don't have any blankets."

"Okay, that's ok, I'll just raise my body heat." Shoot. This wasn't working well. Techno racked his brain desperately for something.

It hit him. "Your hair."

"What about it?"

"If it starts glowing again and someone walks in you'll be killed."

"Oh... I don't think it'll happen again..."

"You sound unsure."

To be honest, Helios was unsure. He knew how to keep his hair and eyes from glowing when he was asleep. The only reason it would turn back was if he got injured or if he was so completely comfortable and safe with the person he was with that it would revert. He knew it couldn't be the first so... if he was still with Techno, there was a chance that his hair would do the same thing.

"Helios?"

"Yeah. You have a point actually. What do you suggest?"

"You can sleep in my bed." That was way too quick, why did you say it with so little hesitation..... because you don't want to hesitate.

"Oh no, I couldn't let you take the couch-"

"No, no, we'll both be in my bed." That sounded weird, what the hell Technoblade.

Helios had gone red and was looking determinedly at his feet as he held a hand to his mouth. Was he going to be sick? Helios pulled his hand down and Techno was relieved he wasn't going to be sick, he was actually smiling. He was adorable. Shut up brain.

"If you're sure I suppose..." Helios mumbled, ducking his head in a weak attempt to hide his red face.

"I'm sure."

"Ok, you got any spare clothes lying around somewhere I could use to sleep in? Mine are still a bit sandy believe it or not." Techno chuckled and walked over to his wardrobe. He handed Helios some of his old clothes and the young man walked into the bathroom and closed the door. Techno changed quickly and pulled a hairbrush from the top of his wardrobe.

He sat on the bed and started to brush out his long pink hair. He had dyed it because he and Wilbur looked too similar in his opinion. His skull mask was still over his face and he gently removed it, setting it down on his bedside table and continuing to brush through his hair. Helios walked back out of the bathroom. "I left my clothes in there over the side of the tub so that nobody sees them cause I figure I'm not really allowed to be here." Techno nodded in agreement as he focused on detangling his hair.

"Want some help?" Helios asked, hands awkwardly shoved in his pockets.

Techno glanced at him, a faint smile tugging at his lips. "Sure." Helios grinned with a sigh of relief and sat down behind Techno, taking the hairbrush from him.

To Techno's surprise, he was actually really good at this. "Do you have a hair tie?" Helios questioned after a couple of minutes.

"I do, why?"

"I'm going to braid your hair."

"You know how to braid hair?"

"I have a younger sister at home- uh- in the nether." He mumbled the last of the sentence. Techno found his hand and squeezed it in what he hoped was a comforting manner before handing Helios the hair tie. Helios smiled gratefully at the back of Techno's head. He then focused on his work again.

Helios ran his hands through Techno's hair and Techno relaxed happily, a content smile on his face as Helios braided his hair into a long pleat down his back. He finished it off and tied the three strands together. He handed Techno his hairbrush and he put it on his wardrobe again. When Techno turned back, Helios was staring off into the dark sky outside of the large window near Techno's bed.

He looked worried and Techno didn't like seeing him worried. He stepped in front of Helios and held his shoulders. Helios turned to look at Techno, crimson and amber eyes meeting. "Don't worry about it right now. We both need some rest, it's been a long day. We'll talk more tomorrow, ok?" Helios held eye contact for a moment longer before nodding and letting a small smile grace his features.

Techno nodded and walked over to the side of the bed closest to the door. I'll be on this side so that if someone enters, hopefully, I'll block you enough that you can try and hide yourself before they approach the bed if that happens for whatever reason." Helios nodded, agreeing with Techno.

"You're sure this is ok?" Helios asked again. Techno nodded as he climbed under the sheets.

"Positive." C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, went Techno's brain.

"Mmk," Helios mumbled, climbing under the sheets as well.

Helios lay facing the ceiling, hands clasped on his stomach, while Techno lay on his side facing him. "You look like a serial killer," Techno mumbled.

Helios laughed quietly. "Fine then." He turned his back to Techno, facing the window. "Better?"

"Noooo, now it looks like you're mad at me!" Helios laughed again and turned again, now facing Techno. The two looked at each other for a moment before breaking into giggles, feeling like children again.

It wasn't long before both were asleep, both comfortable in the presence of the other, even so near to each other.