|{9}|

A couple of days later Wilbur proposed to Aster in the middle of the town square. She accepted happily, they kissed, though nobody really believed them when they said it was their first kiss. Of course, everyone was right but the two wouldn't admit that. Tommy was sour that his brother got married before him and Makayla teased him relentlessly about it.

Her teasing didn't last long though when Tommy playfully kissed her hand before asking her to dance. Oliver, her bother, declared he had never seen her that embarrassed and happy all at once. Helios and Sapnap were no longer afraid to let their hair and eyes glow and the children of the community were endlessly amused by the way their hair glowed and it was often that Sapnap and Helios got stuck sitting in the town square with children playing with their hair.

Phil hadn't spoken to his sons since the day of the incident. None of the princes were complaining about that. Helios refused to walk up to the palace without someone with him because he refused to walk past the chambers alone. Aster or Makayla would usually accompany him if Techno was busy.

A week after Wilbur and Aster got married (It was a beautiful service in the grand ballroom, Phil didn't show up) Techno walked into town to find Helios. Said young man was playing his guitar in the square for the children as they danced around happily, laughing when they stumbled or crashed into each other. Techno sat next to Helios who grinned at him and winked before returning to the song. The two sat there as the children played a game of tag after Helios told them he was getting tired. Their parents came to get them and the children dispersed, shouting their goodbyes to the two.

"Gardens?" Techno asked Helios who nodded and followed Techno back up to the palace, both easily holding hands and talking about the seasons changing so rapidly.

As they passed by the entrance of the chamber Techno felt Helios's grip tighten on his hand. They reached the palace gardens and Helios finally relaxed, darting away into the gardens with a smile as he raced towards the fountain. Techno followed slower, taking a few deep breaths to calm himself. He found Helios standing at the edge of the fountain, a red/orange chrysanthemum held in his fingers as he watched the fountain.

Techno shuffled a hand inside of his pocket and pulled out the circular object. He tapped Helios's shoulder and as the male turned, sank to the ground on one knee. He heard Helios's sharp intake of breath as he balanced before opening his mouth to speak.

"Yes!-" Helios blurted, then covered a hand to his mouth. "Sorry-" He whispered, breaking into giggles and Techno glared at him half-heartedly.

"I finally get the courage and you go and-"

"I know, I know, I know, ahhhhh I'm sorry." Helios giggled, a giddy smile on his face. Techno rolled his eyes but smiled anyway and took Helios's hand, putting the ring on his finger as he stood up. As soon as he had, Helios barrelled into Techno, nearly knocking them both to the ground.

"I love you..." Techno whispered into the crook of Helios's neck.

"I love you too Tech" Helios mumbled and the now engaged pair just rocked side to side in a hug for a while.

Helios suddenly gasped and pulled out of the hug, Techno letting out a quiet whine of disappointment. "I get to plan a wedding!" He practically shouted.

Techno stared at him blankly before bursting into laughter, Helios slapping his arm playfully as he tried to frown at Techno. "This is exciting to me! I gotta go find Aster! And Eret! Oh gosh, Eret is the best wedding planner like ever!" He exclaimed, skipping out of the gardens with a wave and a "Love you!" He was so giddy that he was able to pass by the entrance of the chamber without even flinching. Nothing could pop the bubble of happiness in his whole being.