|{7}|

The next morning was another tense breakfast and Techno was informed after it that he would have less time to choose a wife due to him being the twin that would inherit the throne seeing as he was the older twin. He had exactly one week left now because his father decided it was better for him. Techno disagreed but couldn't say anything against it.

Techno immediately made his way to the training pit. A sandy pit where guards and royals alike could train when they felt like. It was designed like an overly large gazebo with a pit in the middle rather than a view over a garden or something. As he approached he could hear the clash of swords and shouts of people. He reached the top of the hill into the pit and smiled upon seeing Helios cheering on a pair of guards as they sparred. He held a water bottle in one hand and pumped his fist up and down with his free arm.

As one of the guards forfeited to the other, Helios clapped and cheered, congratulating the two guards. They checked the sundial and put the training swords back before waving goodbye to Helios and heading out. Helios hadn't seen Techno and Techno took that opportunity to quietly grab one of the practice swords and approach Helios.

He raised his arm upwards and swung the sword down, Helios's own blade catching it as he whipped around with a slightly startled expression on his face. It split into one of joy as he tossed his water bottle to the ground and pushed Techno away. "You came!"

"Of course I did. I'm not going to abandon you. I just got held up at breakfast." He grits his teeth, before lunging forwards to attack again. Helios parried his blade and made an attack of his own.

"Held up at breakfast huh? Was there a girl you had to meet?" He teased playfully. Techno gave him a deadpan expression as they circled each other, swords held aloft. Was he serious? They had literally shared a bed and danced together and he still didn't get it? Techno was certain even a brick would have gotten the hint by now. "Alright, alright, no wife for grumpy." He huffed, rolling his eyes playfully.

Techno lunged again and they traded blows, the clash of steel being the only thing filling the empty sound. They backed up again and kept circling. "No. My father decided that I only have a week left to choose or he's picking for me."

"Oh." Helios's teasing disappeared at that and he frowned. "That's not very fair is it?"

Techno scoffed, "When has my father ever cared about fair?"

Helios shrugged before lunging forewords again. "I figured-" He paused to deflect a blow. "That he would give you more time to decide your future."

Techno scowled. "Of course he wouldn't, don't have high expectations for my father." Helios shrugged.

"He is the king, I kind of have to," Techno grumbled something incoherent as they clashed blades again, this time Techno managed to pull off a maneuver that forced Helios to drop his blade. The ebony-haired male held his hands up in surrender, looking at the end of Technoblade's sword.

"We should probably talk," Techno muttered, dropping the blade to hang limply at his side. He picked up Helios's blade as well and put them back on the rack. Techno and Helios left the pit, walking in no particular direction. They were silent for a while.

"So..." Helios mumbled.

"So..." Techno repeated.

"What do you... want to know?"

"I want to know why you didn't tell me you were blaze born-" As he said that a butler came out of the room beside them. The three all froze and stared at the opposing party before the butler coughed awkwardly.

"Your majesty. Helios." He bowed slightly before walking off.

"How much did he hear?" Helios whispered. Techno looked over at him. He was as pale as a sheet.

"I'm sure he didn't hear anything. He wouldn't say anything even if he did." Techno narrowed his eyes. "They're sworn to secrecy." Helios nodded hesitantly.

"I- I didn't tell you because I was afraid, for so long I've been in hiding as a human and- well, you are a part of the royal family so I just, I wanted to tell you but I didn't want to- to die..." Helios trailed off.

"Does anyone else know?"

"Obviously Sapnap because well, you know. And Aster and some of our close friends from town might have a suspicion that we are. I trust them though. And then now you." Helios's voice grew softer at the end.

"Helios?"

"Yeah?"

"I want to know what your first thought was when you woke up in the library."

"Like- after I realized my hair was-well-"

"No. When you first woke up." Techno wasn't even sure why he wanted to know.

"Um- It- I guess- I guess I was just happy to be with you." Helios looked away, a faint tint of rose to his cheeks. He caught sight of the sky outside the window. It was grey and cloudy. "Oh dear."

"What?"

"I need to get home-"

"Why? It's only midday-"

"I burn up in the water." Helios cut him off with a slightly panicky tone to his voice. "I need to get home before it starts to rain." He shifted his shirt to one side so that the peculiar scars on his shoulder were visible. "That's what those are from. Sapnap and I got caught in the rain when we first got kicked out of the nether. It took us a full two weeks to recover and we were only in the rain for seven minutes."

Techno felt his eyes widen. "You better hurry then, ok? Be safe, please-"

"Always am." Helios winked and pointed finger guns as he started to walk backward.

"I'll see you tomorrow ok? And you aren't going to be injured." Helios gave a mock salute in response to Techno's worrying but was interrupted as the royal tackled him in a swift hug.

"Awww. It's only like ten or so hours until we see each other again." Helios chuckled as he hugged Techno tightly. "I'll see you tomorrow Tech." Helios waved with a grin as he ran backward a bit before turning and running down the hall towards the exit.

"I love you..." Techno whispered to himself as Helios's form rounded a corner.