Chapter-23

Next morning, Qiao wake up early in the morning. She gets ready and meditate for a long time to heal her wounds.

She wants to wander around and see new things as Xichen promise. After meditating she walk to granny Wen holding onto forehead ribbon and the crown she made. Her steps slow down hearing the whispering going on around her.

“I heard she is Wen Ruohan illegitimate daughter. How shameless of her, she is walking around as if she has done nothing wrong.

She is still a daughter of that bastard. She should have some shame”.

“I heard she was locked in dungeon because she kill madam Wen”.

“She is so beautiful. Is she really Wen Ruohan daughter?”

“Do you think they will lock her here to? Can we have some fun with her? She can pay us in this way”.

Qiao not paying attention to her front collides with someone. She quickly look up and meet a pair of grey eyes.

She quickly walk few steps back recognizing him as one of the person whom she help fight her father apologizing, “I am really sorry”.

Wei Ying shook his head asking, “Be careful Miss. Qiao. You are not hurt right?”

Qiao shook her head asking, “Did I hurt you?”

Wei Ying with his proud smile answer, “Who can hurt me? I am Yiling patriarch”.

Qiao, “Yiling Patriarch, one who practice demonic cultivation?”

Other than her being the common discussion topic, Qiao also heard gossip regarding famous Yiling patriarch.

Wei Ying smile fade hearing Qiao words. Qiao sensing his sadness speak, “I am sorry if I hurt you with my words.

No cultivation method is wrong when it comes to save the lives of our loved ones.

Even I myself use another cultivation technique. I do not know anything about the cultivation method you all use”.

Wei Ying, “You do not thing I am wrong?”

Qiao shook her head, “A-Niang says it does not matter how many lies hide themselves in dark one day they will be exposed through light of truth.

We should always fight for the truth so that it can always remain alive. We should fought with bad people to kill the lies”.

Wei Ying remembers how Granny Wen also say those words, he ask Qiao meaning of those words.

Qiao, “A-Niang says if we are right then we should fight for it not matter what method we are using because this way we did our best.

One day will come where all lies will themselves open up in front of everyone and provide us with justice”.

Wei Ying nod to her. His eyes land on the crown Qiao was holding. “What is this madam Qiao?”

Qiao, “This is flower crown”.

Wei Ying, “Flower crown?”

Qiao nodding, “Yes”.

Wei Ying remembers how he once draw portrait of Lan Wangji with flower. He thought of an idea to tease hi Lan Zhan. Wei Ying sheepishly ask, “Can you give it to me?”

Qiao confused ask, “Why you need it?”

Wei Ying, “Because I want it to give it to someone”.

Qiao, “Who?”

Wei Ying, “To my Lan Zhan?”

Qiao, “Lan Zhan?”

Wei Ying, “Yes my Lan Zhan”.

Qiao recalling Wen Ning words understand the one standing in front of her is young Childe Wei Wuxian who is engaged with young master of Lan.

Wei Ying explain Qiao who his Lan Zhan is, “You do not know Lan Zhan, my Lan Zhan? He is the one always wearing white and blue color robes wearing cloud pattern forehead ribbon. Always staying beside me.

He is handsome yet beautiful both at same time. How can you not notice him?”

He pouts but second later realize what he speaks. He correct his words, “I mean it is good that you did not fall for him but still you cannot ignore him”.

Qiao matching the specifications remind of Lan Xichen. She curiously ask, “The one who always wear a band on his forehead?”