Firework Festival pt.1

"Stuck up bitch!"

The group of girls footsteps wandered off into the hallway as a loud sound of metal hitting your back filled the vacant halls. You were always being tossed around and thrown about. Whether it be by hands or words. The school bell rang, so it was time for you to meet up with Neji and Hinata. You push yourself off of the metal locker and proceed to walk in the opposite direction towards the exit of the building. At the end you saw baby Neji and baby Hinata waiting for you. They didn't play fight or throw insults at eachother like typical children did, but they had their own way of making themselves suffer.

Hinata's annoying whimpers and 'uhms' and 'sorry's' got on Neji's last nerves. He was keeping a disciplined calm, arms crossed and all as while ignored her. Sometimes he told her to stop talking, but that only made things worse until you came. Hinata and Neji both became cheerful as they ran up to you and hugged your legs.

"Sister Koemi!" Hinata exclaimed"Big sister! Neji quietly cried out to you.

You played with their hair with adoration, and forgot about the encounter you had earlier.

You look up to see that Izumi and Itachi had been affectionately exchanging glances and laughs, but it had only slightly bothered you this time around. At least Sasuke was happy...

You shook your head and watched as the three left still waiting for Shisui. He was supposed to walk you to school this morning and even fought you as you begged him not to eventually caving under pressure. And he was also supposed to be here now, walking you back to your home. You sat on the steps holding your head up somberly.

You were the last ones still here.

An hour had passed Just when you eere about to give up.

"Sorry I'm late!" Shisui flickered in front of you, but you were used to it.

His timing was never this bad before. You give him and unnamused look and decide not to say anything.

He looked more guilty now... Shisui dtill tried to talk to you regardless. "I had a few wardrobe malfunctions...and I was running errands for my parents and then we got all side tracked..." hr trailed off noticing you didn't care. "A-Anyway, thr important thing noe is that...I'm here. I'm sorry, really Koemi...I am."

Neji and Hinata both fell asleep. He left you sitting here. For. An. Hour. The firework festival starts in less than 45 minutes and you still had to dress Hinata amd Neji for thr occasion and yourself. "Hey, let's go okay? I'll make it up to you, I promise." Shisui smiled not really botheres by thr fact you eere being stubborn. He had halfway expected it and it would be crazy eeird to him if you hadn't.

"Let me help you."

You were confused as to what he meant by help. Right then he bent forward taking Neji in onr arm and Hinata in the other before lifting himself back up. Your eyes widened at the sight as he smiled at you brightly. "Let's go get ready for thr festival Koemi. I'll be waiting for you." He could just zip back whenever anyway. You gavr him thr benefit of the doubt and chose not to give Shisui such a hard time in the end.

"Alright, alright..." you stand up and allow him to accompany you home.

When you reach the pathway you realize that this would be the first time you let someone in. No one had ever been to your house before. You were almost afraid of his reaction, and someehat ashamed. After passing the threshold, you felt the feeling of dread linger. It grew thr closer you got to thr gate. You recorded the path a million times before, facing the bordering walls and walking through various streets signs. You came upon the gated entrance and watched as Shisui's expression became more and more surprised with each turn.