Phantom

You felt a nostalgic presence manifest from a subsequent cold refreshing riptide. A phantom, drawing the spell out as a voice spilled out the essence and words of wisdom and you recognized them.

'Even in the darkness, was there a light from the soft and subtle moon.'

Those words. Why did they come to you now, like reminescent whispers that swaddled you in a blanket of warm hope, the radiance of the florescent moon bathing in the night sky humbled carrying it's message to who would hear it. Then reigned an air of eerieness, as you reach a corridor. The hall was nearly deserted; empty. You notice a taunting laughter which was cold numbing muddled in with background related whispers and voices. Now standing firm, looking back hoping for a chance to see the one you love again.

But there was nothing.

But you felt it...that it was still there...

You smiled as a tear rolls down your face and the hall starts looking a little bit longer. From the doors opposite to you you saw the glass and the peaking orange through the window frames. You followed the seeping colors as if they was someone waiting for you.

"I guess its about time to start heading for the sunset..." You could tell.

Walking down the hall with you held school  tightly against your chest, were your book assignments usee as a clutch to hold on to dear light. The lines on your face tightened couldn't help but smile. Like an idiot there was something stupid posessing you, like a dream. But you believed in it. No matter how cursed you really were. At the end you saw a chance. For the fist time in a long time all the answers flooded through you.

You reached the back door and saw the orange tinged skies. Time went by fast again, just like that. Somehow the day was gone. You looked around at the falling leaves of yesterday swirling in with the hanging leaves of today, noticing someone running. The shape was there. You reached out to grab the himan like figure that formed from the leaves that now had human color.

"Hey, Koemi...why are you so sad?"

Rain. Your face was full of rain. Wiping your eyes with one free arm you regained your blurred sight in clarity.

Shisui was grabbing out for your hand. His finger tips brushed agains yours and you couldn't hold back as you greedily grabbed onto his. You cried so much, and he smiled as if he was going to crack a joke. "What, miss me?"

"Of course I do you idiot! I--

"Well im not really here. You know that, don't you?"

Yes. I do. "Hey," he lowered himself down scattered back into the wind again taking a shapeless form. His words reached even from a distance.

"You need to take better care of yourself. Itachi is waiting for you, and here you are spacing out. I left this piece of me with you...it should open your eyes from now on when you really need me..."

I love you. Try to move forward...even if that means you cry less for me. It would actually, make me happier if you smiled for once.

And as if time rewinded, you were back in the hallway.

Itachi was walking down with the same expression. This time you could see clearly. He had looked at you but quite unnoticeably the first time. In fact he tried to pass it off as he had looked through you. His eyes shined differently and for a moment you noticed they went red, and by natural behaviour you hadn't noticed he tried to use a genjutsu and immediately bypassed it.

You grabbed him by the forearm as he tried to go by you in a hurry he knew at that point, that his genjutsu had failed. And you came to a sudden realization that this was all in an effort to actively avoid you.