Farewell

Koemi

"When there is time...I think I can sneak visits for a little while." Shisui shyly let out, thinking of what it would take to spend more time with you.  You couldn't hang out all the time anymore if any at all. But sneaking small visits would help keep the relationship alive he thought. It was his first so he didn't want to ruin it as soon as it started. "Maybe I should have done this a long time ago..."

You shook your head from left to right inspiritingly as he laughed aloud. "It doesn't matter to me. What matters is that you did it." You beamed him a wide smile that caught Shisui off guard. His face burned a dark red as he found it difficult to breathe.

"God...why are you so cute...?" He lowered his voice to a quiet as he said this. But you could still hear him. That was probably the plan anyhow.

You and cute in the same sentence is just as taboo as you and beautiful or you and pretty. But if Shisui...thought you were any and all of those...then he must see some truth in it. You started rubbing the side of your face timidly, looking off to the side just as Shisui had been. Two awkward lovebirds. "U-uhm! Well, how about this! If you think you can, let's hang out a little longer..."

"Big sister Koemi!"  Huh? Why did you hear Hinata all of a sudden...That's right! Oh no, you missed the fireworks...

You felt the pit in your stomach grow larger as you remembered the reason why you came here all together in the first place. Shisui must have felt it too. You looked at him to figure iut if your suspicions were right only to find that his hand was awkwardly placed at the side of his neck, moving up and down in an anxious gesture.

Izumi and Itachi were walking alongside eachother from a nearby distance, with a sleeping Sasuke resting in the long haired male's arms. Walking in front of the three was a tired Neji who didn't bother to fight any kind of racket this late at night. Normally this would be the time Neji and Hinata'd be in a deep slumber. Your eyes looked over Izumi's face who seemed undeniably cheery and happy. After you scanned Itachi's...you saw that there was a slight anger to it, as he was holding back a lot.

Uh oh.

Both you and Shisui exchanged glances with one another both able to see it.

You two were going to hear it now...it wasn't very often that Itachi was easy to read.

As Itachi and Izumi approached, you noticed the male get progressively angrier as your figures came into better view."Where were you two?" Itachi spat out even causing Izumi to jump back a little. "Did you forget you had friends whom you came here with?"

Izumi latched onto Itachi's arm pulling it back a little in an attempt to bring him down. "Hey, it's okay they just got lost in time is all." She said in a hushed voice in an effort to lull her boyfriend.
But Itachi wasn't having any of it it. He closed his eyes trying to find some semblance of self control in Izumi's consolation, but only ended up turning his head away and letting out an irked sound caused by pressure of his tongue pushing against the roof of his mouth. "Tch..."

Shisui's center brows shifted inwards creating a wrinkle of discomfort."Itachi come on, don't be mad at us." The remorseful Uchiha felt insanely terrible. His best friend was now upset with him and they leave for their mission in just a few hours. It was one of the worst feelings he could possibly feel just then, knowing that this was the only time they had left together like this. Shisui reached his hand out to Itachi as he left him walkimg over to the slightly larger group to explain his actions. On the other wide of the picture you were too jittery to do anything.

You could hear Shisui desperately trying to convince Itachi and Izumi that it was all unintentional, beginning right  where he left off. "It's just-- I happened to lose track of time!" He blurted out, pausing as he went to think of something. "And wouldn't stop yakking. You know me, really...if it was up to Emi chan, then she would have brought me back." He tried to sweat the situation.

"But she didn't. And neither did you." Itachi wasn't taking any excuse for an answer. He was too smart for that. "Shisui, you and I will be at eachothers back and call on the battlefield. So we have to work together and keep ourselves at a level where we won't feel the need to kill eachother. So I will tolerate you for now, because it isn't you that I'm leaving." He looked over to you and his eyes became more gentle. For whatever reason he wasn't as mad at you as he was at Shisui. And that made you feel even worse than he probably felt. "Koemi." He called out in a pained voice. It was the way he said your name that really got you...Itachi was at a loss for words.

Izumi closed her eyes a little not sure what to do or say. She didn't want to add any fuel to the fire either. By that time Hinata was smack dead in the center of the argument looking back at you and the others who were all behind her. Neji slapped his face and sighed, breaking the tension with a long awaited yawn. You faced Itachi who's eyes darted down to the ground. "Let's just go home."

Izumi tried consoling the Uchiha all the way back at the bridge before we all decided to travel together. All that time you could see the sadness in Itachi's face. He hadn't said much in return to Izumi, but he did respond with head tilts and nods. Small simple movements that didn't require a lot of energy, as he wasn't in the mood to waste any more of it. Neji and Hinata both crowded around you happily. Neji not caring one way or the other like you had actually...not expected. He was just happy he could see the fireworks.

Neji tugged on your Yukata. "Is it time to go home now? He asked.

You looked to Shisui who was still standing at the empty spot where his best friend was. He loomed over the empty space where there was nothing but grass and the dark sky. Dropping his hands inti his pocket hr looked down and sigjrd heavily tilting on his hrel back to face you with a broken smile. "Well, at least I accomplished one good thing today. Dont worry about Itachi and I. We're gonna be working together for a long while after all, so he'll forgive me eventually. That is what he meant when he said what he had." He said confidently.

Shisui approached you and knelt down giving you a kiss on the forehead.
"You tired?"
You blushed. "Y-yeah a little..."
He helped you up on your feet. "Want to do something fun?" He grinned, lowering his back a little signaling for you to get on. You hesitantly latched on to the Uchiha as he lifted you effortlessly in the air, holding you by your lower body. "Believe it or not, but I used to do this to Itachi all the time when we were little."

You buried your face in Shisui's back as Neji and Hinata gave you strange looks. They decided to ignore it as the boy carried you over to the group ending the dispute as Shisui poked jabs st Itachi about when he used to carry him like this, and you all formed one last party. On the way home you all took your times to make up for the firework show disaster and it ended up okay in the end.