CHAPTER 6

It's been a few minutes since we got back to the office. I can't help the dread feeling in my body that something terrible will happen to me. After the meeting finished, Mr. Jason did not say anything to me the whole ride back to the office. I could feel his eyes glaring at the back of my head the entire ride to the office. The worst part in all of this is I don't know what I did wrong this time. I have been pacing up and down around my desk while biting my nails; it's a bad habit I do when I am nervous. I am so scared of Mr. Jason doing something harmful to me. The bruise on my arm might not have been intentional, but it hurt, so I imagine if he wants to hurt me intentionally.

I jump in fear when I suddenly hear the phone ringing. I knew he would call me to come to his office, but I didn't think it would be this soon. I take my time to pick up the phone and answer. Before words can form in my mouth, he speaks and cuts the call. I am lucky I was able to hear him before he cut the call.

I take three deep breaths before I walk to his office. I knock before entering but don't wait for him to say come in since he already asked me to come. I find him pacing his office floor, and I wonder why. What could possibly make him pace up and down his office?

"Eleanor, sit down!" He says with a stern face.

I don't say anything and do as I am told. I sit down on the couch not too far away from his desk. He is pacing around his desk area, so I felt it would be better to sit on the couch. I play with my fingers as I wait for him to speak.

"Please, Eleanor, tell me why you had to wait for Mr. Moretti to tell you to sit down before you sat down," He asks, shocking me with his question.

I knew he was angry at me, but I would have never guessed it to be because I didn't sit down. I assumed it might have been because I sat down, not because I didn't.

"I didn't sit down until I was asked too because I didn't know if I should sit with you and Mr. Moretti," I answer truthfully, but this only makes my situation worse.

"You didn't know if you should sit down with us or not. Did you see anywhere else to sit? You made me look like a horrible boss in front of Mr. Moretti," He says, walking closer to where I am sitting. I am looking at the floor, so the only way I know he is close to me is because I can see his shoe in front of my leg. I try my best not to look up at him. I am sure he must be throwing daggers at my head right now.

"Mr. Jason, I am so.........." I don't get to finish talking because of the loud thump heard in the room. He banged his hand hard on the arm of the couch. This causes me to lift my eyes and widen them in shock.

"Didn't I tell you to never say that word to me," He says, staring at me with anger blazing in his eyes. I am too scared right now to maintain eye contact with him, so I look back down.

I know he says he is angry at me because I waited to be told to sit down before I did. But I don't think all this anger he has for me right now is because of that. I don't know, but I feel his anger towards me is more than what meets the eye.

"I apologize, sir," I say, hoping my choices of words are good this time.

He releases a dark chuckle before he speaks. "Wow, you apologize. I think you have a degree in making me mad," He says and changes his face back to a frown. The way he can switch in between moods is impressive.

"My intention was never to make you look bad; I promise next time that won't happen," I say, hoping he would drop the matter.

"You better make sure it does not, now get out of my sight," He says and gives me enough space to walk away from him.

The second I step out of his office, I release a breath of relief. What in God's name just happened? Mr. Jason gets so worked up about minor issues every time. I am starting to wonder if his anger towards me has to do with something else. I know he thinks I am after his money, but I don't think the way he behaved earlier is because of that.