Nove [9]

As usual, the bright sunlight peaks through the curtains and shines directly on me, causing me to hiss like a vampire and crawl under the covers even more.

As I pry open my eyes, yesterday's events come crashing through my head like a Romance/Action movie.

Getting basically kidnapped, finding out a psycho woman is trying to kill me, being forced to live in a house with practically strangers, Danny's anger issues, almost being choked to death, kissing Chris, sleeping next to him, finding out my brother is in a gang and waking up my first morning in an actual gang mansion.

All in the span of 24 hours? I can already feel a headache starting to form.

I lazily reach over to my nightstand and check my phone, squinting my eyes at the sudden brightness.

8:30am? Well that's certainly way too early for me but I didn't want to be rude and sleep in when this isn't even my house. Maybe they had rules here, like everyone had to be up and ready before 9am incase of an attack!

I'll definitely have to ask Danny about do's and don'ts, I think to myself whilst attempting to drag my lazy butt to the en suite bathroom. I do my business in a very ladylike way before standing in front of the sink and grabbing the my toothbrush.

While I'm brushing my teeth, I look into the mirror like I always do. Except this time, I didn't just see messy brown hair and droopy eyes.

That's when I screamed.

Not a second later, Chris and Danny burst in my bathroom with guns raised and heavy breathing. If I wasn't in a state of shock, I probably would have praised their reflex skills.

"What happened?" Chris was the first to speak. "Claire, are you okay?" Danny questioned worriedly. My mouth was still full of toothpaste so I rinsed before speaking, my eyes still not meeting theirs.

"I'm fine, please just go away." I whispered, taking the towel off the hook to block my neck. Danny stepped a little closer and tugged the towel away gently.

He gasped when his eyes trailed over my neck. Chris took that as his cue to stand next to Danny, and looked at my neck in horror.

My neck had a long red line going across my entire skin, it looked bruised and a scab was already starting to close off the irritated parts of the skin. I tried to play it off like I was okay, but I knew the two could easily see the tears forming in my eyes.

"It's f-fine. It just looks like a dragon gave me a giant hickey. " I tried to ease the tension but it obviously wasn't working. "Claire, princess....." Danny struggled to speak.

I took his hands in mine and shook my head, ignoring the expression Chris was making at our joined hands. "Don't blame yourself, you were just upset. Mistakes happen." I reassured him. "I'm so sorry." the soft whisper broke my heart.

"You fucking bastard! Look at what you've done to her!" Chris barked angrily, sending a menacing glare in Danny's direction. I sighed and spoke up once again, "Chris it's honestly alright, I've forgiven Danny. Can we please just forget about this?"

"How can you-"

"Chris, give us a moment alone." Danny interrupted. "Like hell I'm gonna leave her alone with you!" The latter snapped. "That was not a suggestion brother, please leave." Danny said calmly.

Chris muttered a "fuck you" under his breath before storming out, leaving the Gangleader and I all alone.

Danny's POV

I've been called many things throughout my life. A monster, a menace to society, a heartless human being, but today is the first time I believed those words. I've never hated myself more than I do right at this moment, staring at the bruise on Claire's neck.