Unicorn Way

"Welcome to Ravenwood Academy." The headmaster welcomed us. "Normally, this is where you'd be enrolled and sent to your classes."

"But times are not normal. There's some kind of supernatural incursion in Unicorn Way that must be dealt with immediately. I wonder..."

Headmaster Ambrose stroked his beard.

"You've demonstrated such potential. I think practical experience will serve you better than lectures. Care to put your talents to the test?"

The four of us nodded our heads.

"Splendid! Time is of the essence, so I'll teleport you there directly. Seek out Private Connelly, the Wizard City Guard in charge of that area."

With a flick of his wand, we instantly ended up on top of a bridge in the designated area.

"Welcome to Unicorn Way!" Gamma the Owl appeared out of nowhere, causing us to stumble in shock.

"Wah!"

"There are creatures who will attack you if you get to close to them, so stick to the task at hand!"

Gamma perched himself on my shoulder.

"Did the Headmaster sent you to guide us, Gamma?" Julia asked.

"Indeed!"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" A Wizard City Guard stepped in front of us. "The street's very dangerous right now. Is there something I can help you with?"

The Wizard City Guard is blonde and has a beard.

"Oh, Private Connelly!" Gamma answered. "Headmaster Ambrose told these wizards to seek you out!"

"What's that?" Private Connelly was taken aback. "You say the Headmaster sent them to help us? Well then, you're just the people – er, Wizards – I've been waiting for!"

He continued. "This used to be a pleasant street, but we've been invaded by hordes of strange creatures!"

"The Guards and I have been doing our best to push the creatures back, but we're no match for their dark magic. Especially the Undead!" Private Connelly explained. "Maybe your fancy Wizard magic will do the trick! Go battle a few of those Lost Souls, then report back to me. Good luck!"

Gamma turn to us. "To battle the monsters, run up to them on the street."

"When you get close enough to them, they will summon a Combat Sigil and you will be pulled into combat. If you want to avoid battle, you can keep safe by staying on the sidewalk."

"If you can drive away some of these Lost Souls, we'll be in your debt." Private Connelly added.

Julia, Natalie, Marcus, and I nodded. We made our way to the street. As we did, the three of them frowned.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"The air and atmosphere of this place is choking." Natalie replied. "It's hard to breathe."

Marcus nodded. "There is a dark aura covering this place."

I did not even notice the fog earlier, but then I look at the street.

"Look." Julia whispered. "This is..."

"They're Lost Souls, but they are like ghosts." Marcus added. "They are wandering the streets. No wonder the Guards had a tough time."

"What a number." Natalie agreed.

Immidiately, we engaged combat with four Lost Souls.

"Frost Beetle." From the middle of the Combat Sigil, Julia summoned the beetle made of ice that charged at the first Lost Soul. Eliminating it effectively.