Chapter 2

Amnah has been to Farhana's house in Abuja but it is nothing compared to this one in Zaria. From the compound that was scenting of freshly mowed lawn to the interlocked walkway dividing the lawn into two at the center with cavestones making barrier between the lawn and interlocks. The car drove for some miles like they were in a farmhouse because they saw on their way a secluded area for domestic animals before reaching the round water fountain which forms a roundabout in front of the mansion.

  Fadila (Farhana's besty)'s father gave 5 of their classmates plane tickets to Kaduna. When they got to the airport The Dikko's chauffeur was waiting for them to hit the road to Zaria.

Engr. Nuhu Dikko have 5 daughters and they have a wing different from their parent's in the mansion. Each have a room with an en suite bathroom but share a walk-in closet which is accessible through their rooms. Then there's an extra room with its bathroom, a kitchen, dinning and sitting room. Even the twins that share a room in their Abuja house have separate rooms here, those inseparable duo, how do they do even do it here.

The bride's sisters were forced out of their wing to stay at their mother's with their friends and cousins. Wedding guest in their guest house while aunties take-up the hotel suits booked for the Bridesmaids by the groomsmen. Farhana's mother wasn't taking it, she said it wasn't a destination wedding and she's not going to allow them misbehave when they were entrusted to her by their parents.

That's one of the reasons why Abba allowed Amnah to come in the first place. Although the Dikko's are filthy rich, they hold in high regards moral standards.

  The friends settled down into two rooms and freshen up, say their prayers before going to the dinning table to feed their hungry stomachs with what was displayed for them.

They were eating and reminiscing on old times when Farhana excused herself to go bring in her other friends.

Slay queens. Was Amnah's first impression of them but she chastised her heart to give them the benefit of doubt.

"Hi", Fadila said waving at them smiling heartily. But they replied with muffled "Hi" nonchalantly. That was a confirmation to her judgement of them being snobbish.

Thank goodness they've separate rooms, Amnah can't imagine dealing with Sheba's kind of people even though is only till the weekend.

They made the chauffeur bring in their luggage and were still expecting someone to trolley their bags in. They were acting all pompous with skimpy clothing the only one of them that was dressed in a traditional wear had on an HKG prints clinging unto her body like a second skin, shredded into a skin revealing gown with golden jewellery that is more than necessary. What is with people and overdressing?

"What the ffffflowers", the British bellowed opening the casserole lids on the dinning table. And her Snobbish crew rushed in.

"A month away and you've forgotten the kind of food I eat. Your baby boo has filled your brain with only him", she added shaking the pitcher and pouring out its purplish content into a tumbler.

'Drama queen huh?'

*mtcheeeew
Aisha the no nonsense one from the bride's classmates hissed loudly obviously pissed.

Biko! We're here for wedding and let's do that in peace, Amnah's subconscious mind whispered.

"You sure are a drama queen ", the fair plumpy one in the snobbish crew said rolling her eyes. Ah! Amnah thought, so it's not only them.

"The groomsmen are taking us out for lunch and some bonding. They should be on their way now".

"And you allowed us to fill our stomachs?"